Do you know if the files that do not open were RedSDK files? I have had some problems with some that were created by other people because the reference path for lighting or materials was different.
Also, you may have problems if you have a recent OS (7 or later) if you don't install in Administrator mode.
Here is what I would do:
1: Uninstall TurboCAD on the new PC.
2: Rename your new computer to the same name you had before (your IT department may have to help you here if MS Account is determining the User Name).
3: Install TurboCAD as Administrator (your IT department may have to get involved here, too, depending on the level of security). I had problems with at least three programs that worked find under 32-bit Windows 7, but required installation under Administrator mode to work properly under 64-bit Windows 7.
4. Make sure that TurboCAD can open. Once TurboCAD is up and running, go into Options / Preferences / File Locations.
5. Leave the popup in Step 4 open for now. Make a new TurboCAD folder in your My Documents folder.
6. Copy the folders at C:\Users\All Users\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2015\Professional x64\TurboCAD 2015 Professional x64 to the new TurboCAD folder in Step 5. This allows your personal preferences to be backed up and used on new installations. Note that All Users in the path list may have to be changed to your computer user name, depending on the program installation choice you made.
7. Return to the popup in Step 4. Most (but not all) of the File types listed will have a corollary folder in the new TurboCAD folder. Click on one, then Modify and adjust the file path to your new location.
8. Most of the other File types you want to copy (Templates and Symbols, maybe others I haven't played with) will be located at C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCWP2015.
You should not need to do Step 2 to get up and running, but it is possible that the custom names used by the IT department are exercising a bug (especially if Special Characters are involved). If you can nail it down, be sure to send a report to IMSI so they can fix it (I'm sure they'd want their software to meld seamlessly with a corporate environment).
Steps 5-8 make it easier to keep your preferences as you move from system to system down the road.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 03:00:42 PM by Jeffin90620 »
TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1