TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Installing TurboCAD 21 Deluxe 64-bit
Read 2129 times
* January 27, 2015, 06:37:42 AM
I have just migrated to a new computer and bought TurboCAD 21 Deluxe 64-bit as I thought a new clean installation would be a good idea.
When I start it, I'm offered a list of 5 examples but whichever I pick it goes as far as telling me that there is a new interface and gives the option of continuing to use my old interface (which I suppose I have not got as this is a new installation), and whether I pick that option or just close the window, it disappears but nothing else happens.
Task manager shows no sign of TurboCAD running.
The same happens if I click on one of my own .tcw files.
I have tried re-installing from the back-up disk, same result.
Computer: Lenovo G505
System: Windows 8.1
AntiVirus: McAfee

January 27, 2015, 09:20:50 AM
Did you disable antivirus during install and run the installer as Admin? If not I would recommend that first. If that doesn't work call us at 1-800-833-8082 option 3 for tech support.

* January 31, 2015, 02:27:25 AM
Yes, I disabled anti virus (not sure about Admin, but I am only user and have all permissions).
I am in contact with tech support who advised:
1) Using the programs and features control panel remove all versions of TurboCAD, TurboCAD Plug-ins and symbols installs.
2) Delete all of these folders.
    C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign
    C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign
3) Download new installer (from link given), and activate using original serial number.

Unfortunately, so far, it won't accept the original serial number.
Am waiting for further instructions after the weekend.

* January 31, 2015, 04:59:21 AM
Update - I got past the Invalid Serial Number by disabling antivirus and clicking 'Run as Administrator' in Installer, but this just gets me back to the original oroblem - TurboCAD dies when I close the @Updated Interface' window.

* January 31, 2015, 08:09:47 AM
Update - I got past the Invalid Serial Number by disabling antivirus and clicking 'Run as Administrator' in Installer, but this just gets me back to the original oroblem - TurboCAD dies when I close the @Updated Interface' window.

Are you sure it dies? Maybe it's just taking a long time to finish loading.

Henry H