TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Turbocad 16 deluxe or pro?
Read 2670 times
* September 23, 2009, 03:28:01 AM
Hi,
I have a copy of Turbocad 12.1 Pro installed on my computer and would like to upgrade to version 16.
However as I am on a very tight budget I am wondering about the merits of buying Turbocad 16 deluxe.
I would like to use Don Chekes latest tutorials wherever possible but I'm not sure that I could use V16 deluxe for these. Can I use the latest tutorials on V12.1 pro or have things moved on too much.
Also is version 16 now stable? When I read the forum (old version) a while back people where complaining about problems.
Any thoughts?

David.

September 23, 2009, 07:07:05 AM
Hi David,

Pro and Deluxe are very different products IMO. Although Deluxe is good in its own right, no version of Deluxe can hold a candle to any Pro version. This is due mostly to the use of Solids in Pro and TC Surfaces in Deluxe. Solids just allow so many more operations such as shelling, filleting, lofting, snapping and a whole host of other things.

Can you do the tutorials in V12.1? Yes and no. There have indeed been a lot of changes since V12.1 so one would have to realize that at some points alternate methods may need to be sought. If you are willing to give one a whirl, knowing that you will not be able to go keystroke by keystroke as it is written, but by general principles and processes then you should be okay. You can always email me while working through the tutorial with questions about version differences and I would offer some guidance.

I was checking out ebay the other day and you should see what you can get V14 Pro for these days.

* September 23, 2009, 07:29:55 AM
Hi,
Would v14 be sufficient for me to follow the 5 cylinder radial engine tutorial and is it considered a stable version?
I've not been following the posts on here for a while so I don't know it's history.
Thanks.

David.