TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Calibration
Read 1961 times
* September 21, 2009, 05:35:24 PM
Hi Guys

A bit off topic but can anybody advise me how to actually calibrate the screen color to the printed version on a HP 500 Designjet? The printer have obviously it's own interpretation of what is needed. It is set on sRGB and on Application setting it is not very much dfferent. Is there a "small" calibration program / test / procedure somewhere ? - The printer internal calibration do not help.

Anyone please.

Tx

* September 22, 2009, 12:40:04 PM
Don't have a clue. Talk to HP.  :(

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

* September 22, 2009, 01:49:58 PM
John

I tried - no response. That is why I tried here.

John - look at the heading of render times. I made a mod to my post iro a GTX 295 Vid Card.
Works like a bomb.

Tx anyway...just tried out of desperation.

* September 22, 2009, 03:43:14 PM
For photo work, we use products like Colorvision Spyder or Eye One Display 2.These work with CRTs but not so good with flat panels. With a flat panel, the brightness is much greater than a CRT, so the color saturation can change dramatically. Find someone that has a monitor color calibration system and see if you can borrow it and see if it works.

There are also calibration systems for printers. I've never used one, so I don't know how wel they work.

David

* September 22, 2009, 10:58:19 PM
HI!

Have you looked if your monitor itself is actually calibrated?

For monitor calibration, if you are out of an apparel to do the job, try the following site : http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

For gamma calibration on your monitor, the easiest way to verify is on that site : http://www.simpelfilter.de/en/colorman/gamma_en.html

Those two above require you to have your monitor resolution maxed out if you are using an LCD monitor. They also requires some time to get a good result  :-\.

And for you HP DesignJet, (not knowing if the install CD's are available to you) have you installed all the software provided with the printer?

Stephane Faucher