TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Calibration
Read 1732 times
* September 21, 2009, 05:35:24 PM
Hi Guys

A bit off topic but can anybody advise me how to actually calibrate the screen color to the printed version on a HP 500 Designjet? The printer have obviously it's own interpretation of what is needed. It is set on sRGB and on Application setting it is not very much dfferent. Is there a "small" calibration program / test / procedure somewhere ? - The printer internal calibration do not help.

Anyone please.

Tx

* September 22, 2009, 12:40:04 PM
Don't have a clue. Talk to HP.  :(

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* September 22, 2009, 01:49:58 PM
John

I tried - no response. That is why I tried here.

John - look at the heading of render times. I made a mod to my post iro a GTX 295 Vid Card.
Works like a bomb.

Tx anyway...just tried out of desperation.

* September 22, 2009, 03:43:14 PM
For photo work, we use products like Colorvision Spyder or Eye One Display 2.These work with CRTs but not so good with flat panels. With a flat panel, the brightness is much greater than a CRT, so the color saturation can change dramatically. Find someone that has a monitor color calibration system and see if you can borrow it and see if it works.

There are also calibration systems for printers. I've never used one, so I don't know how wel they work.

David

* September 22, 2009, 10:58:19 PM
HI!

Have you looked if your monitor itself is actually calibrated?

For monitor calibration, if you are out of an apparel to do the job, try the following site : http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

For gamma calibration on your monitor, the easiest way to verify is on that site : http://www.simpelfilter.de/en/colorman/gamma_en.html

Those two above require you to have your monitor resolution maxed out if you are using an LCD monitor. They also requires some time to get a good result  :-\.

And for you HP DesignJet, (not knowing if the install CD's are available to you) have you installed all the software provided with the printer?

Stephane Faucher