TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

GPS plug in
Read 5355 times
May 17, 2009, 12:03:41 PM
in the Settings section of the Surface Modeler 2 plug in, there is a tab called GPS.  I click "Enable GPS" (I have a bluetooth GPS turned on, and identified by my laptop, which uses COM8 for input, and COM9 for output) but the port identified in the little Port window is \\.\COM255.  I can choose the correct COM9 port, but it won't "stick."
The GPS import plug in I found on the plug-ins page, for $50, and asked for information on, has now been resurrected as a plug in that goes for between $99 and $299.  Having just paid $299 for this plug in, I am hoping to be able to use the feature shown.  Jerry, is there any hope?  Steve

Steven D. Thompson

* May 17, 2009, 12:57:09 PM
I will look into this right away.

May 17, 2009, 03:49:56 PM
Thanks.  It will take me a while to get up to speed with this tool, but I am REALLY excited about it's capabilities. 

Steven D. Thompson

* May 17, 2009, 04:19:17 PM
I have verified that it works for the stand-alone tool. See attached JPG.

And, I do see the problem with the GPS tab of the 'settings' window of the 'Surface Modeling Tool'. I will post when an update is available.

Also, the GPS feature is not new or resorected. It's been around for 3-4 years.

Regards,
Jerry Simington

[attachment deleted by admin]

* May 17, 2009, 07:52:41 PM
Steve,

Let me start this by saying that what you found is not a "GPS plug in," however I do have one that is not yet completed. The GPS reader tab that you found was a feature entended to be a part of the Surface Modeling plug-in but was removed, productized, and extended with more features.

The plug in I did mention is still missing projection options and will be made available when it is ready.

The tab you found will be removed from the Surface Modeling plug-in menu.

May 18, 2009, 12:17:08 PM
Bummer!  I was excited about using this "hidden" feature.   

Steven D. Thompson

* May 18, 2009, 04:32:53 PM
Steven,

Please don't be too dissappointed. I will be sending you a complementary copy of the GPS Reader plug-in after I have done a little more testing.

Regards,
Jerry Simington

May 20, 2009, 06:38:06 AM
That is very kind of you, and greatly appreciated. Steve

Steven D. Thompson