TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

GPS plug in
Read 4774 times
May 17, 2009, 12:03:41 PM
in the Settings section of the Surface Modeler 2 plug in, there is a tab called GPS.  I click "Enable GPS" (I have a bluetooth GPS turned on, and identified by my laptop, which uses COM8 for input, and COM9 for output) but the port identified in the little Port window is \\.\COM255.  I can choose the correct COM9 port, but it won't "stick."
The GPS import plug in I found on the plug-ins page, for $50, and asked for information on, has now been resurrected as a plug in that goes for between $99 and $299.  Having just paid $299 for this plug in, I am hoping to be able to use the feature shown.  Jerry, is there any hope?  Steve

Steven D. Thompson

* May 17, 2009, 12:57:09 PM
I will look into this right away.

May 17, 2009, 03:49:56 PM
Thanks.  It will take me a while to get up to speed with this tool, but I am REALLY excited about it's capabilities. 

Steven D. Thompson

* May 17, 2009, 04:19:17 PM
I have verified that it works for the stand-alone tool. See attached JPG.

And, I do see the problem with the GPS tab of the 'settings' window of the 'Surface Modeling Tool'. I will post when an update is available.

Also, the GPS feature is not new or resorected. It's been around for 3-4 years.

Regards,
Jerry Simington

[attachment deleted by admin]

* May 17, 2009, 07:52:41 PM
Steve,

Let me start this by saying that what you found is not a "GPS plug in," however I do have one that is not yet completed. The GPS reader tab that you found was a feature entended to be a part of the Surface Modeling plug-in but was removed, productized, and extended with more features.

The plug in I did mention is still missing projection options and will be made available when it is ready.

The tab you found will be removed from the Surface Modeling plug-in menu.

May 18, 2009, 12:17:08 PM
Bummer!  I was excited about using this "hidden" feature.   

Steven D. Thompson

* May 18, 2009, 04:32:53 PM
Steven,

Please don't be too dissappointed. I will be sending you a complementary copy of the GPS Reader plug-in after I have done a little more testing.

Regards,
Jerry Simington

May 20, 2009, 06:38:06 AM
That is very kind of you, and greatly appreciated. Steve

Steven D. Thompson