TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Very old version of Turbocad
Read 2823 times
* July 17, 2012, 12:41:27 AM
Many years ago I bought TurboCad v 2.03, which I have not used for some time.
I have now installed it in Windows 7, but find thant I cannot save drawings. I tried installing it in another computer with Windows XP and found that, again, I could not save drawings.

Any ideas as to what I can do. I use it so rarely and am now on a pension, so I really do not want to have to buy a new version.
Nanotasi

* July 17, 2012, 01:20:55 AM
Hi Nanontasi,

this is very likely due to new user rights management in newer windows versions. You might want to look into downloading the free DoubleCad, which is a sister program to Turbocad www.doublecad.com The main difference is that it´s mainly a work-alike to Autocad. it can´t work with TC-drawings, though. other than that your best bet would be to install a virtual machine like www.vmware.org and install an older windows version to run your old Turbocad. But I suggest that you get a not so-old-but-still-older version of Turbocad for not so much money, because there have been many improvements made over the years in terms of workflow and tools.

Michael

July 17, 2012, 02:06:02 AM
Many years ago I bought TurboCad v 2.03, which I have not used for some time.
I have now installed it in Windows 7, but find thant I cannot save drawings. I tried installing it in another computer with Windows XP and found that, again, I could not save drawings.

Any ideas as to what I can do. I use it so rarely and am now on a pension, so I really do not want to have to buy a new version.
Nanotasi

Hi,

I tried v 2.03 in XP SP3 and it works fine (saves drawings, at least!), but will not install in Win7 64-bit.  So, don't know if this helps, but that's what I found.

In addition to Michael's advice, you might also like to take a look at:

1.  http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2298.0;attach=4971

and try a fresh install, of the same software - something may have been corrupted over the years  ;)

2.  http://www.turbocadables.com/download.php

Good luck.

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:19:56 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* July 17, 2012, 02:44:07 AM
Many thanks Tim and Michael. The machine I reinstalled it on had XP SP3 and the program worked fine but would not save the drawings. The Win 7 that I have is 32bit.

I will have a look at the freeware and see what it is like.

I actually use CAD very occasionally, but do have a fairly big design project in the pipeline.
Once again, many thanks

Nanotasi