TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Mediaeval home
Read 3189 times
July 04, 2012, 10:01:05 PM
Drew this modern take on a Mediaeval style home in TFP and TC version 19.  Let me know what you think.

Gaz

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

* July 05, 2012, 06:45:40 AM
Great looking design Gary, I looks like you could put that on a small lot and still have a lot of floor space. Carroll

Carroll D. Peppersack
TurboCad 14.2 Deluxe
TurboCad 20 Plat

July 05, 2012, 06:48:15 AM
It looks really good Garry. Great rendering too.

July 05, 2012, 07:43:12 AM
That's pretty cool Garry. The rendering came out nice too. If I were to make a change it would be for a more substantial masonry element at the first floor. The second floor has a nice "beefy" weight to it with the thick timber trim and cantilevered walls. I love that. In my mind though the brick seems a bit meek. Maybe a CMU or straight up concrete wall at the first floor would give it some muscle while keeping a modern/contemporary feel.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

July 05, 2012, 09:09:15 AM
Excellent work. When can I move in? ;D

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* July 05, 2012, 10:27:50 AM
Hi
Garry its beautiful is that your dream home?

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

July 05, 2012, 04:58:24 PM
Thanks for all your comments and suggestions guys.  This is a pic of the quaint little building I saw and photographed in the Adelaide CBD that sparked the idea to do this style of building (you can see some of the elements that are similar).

It's certainly not my dream home WD, but I find the style fascinating to the eye.

Carroll, the style certainly is strange with the lower floor having less area that the ones above it, but as you suggest it has a very small footprint- leaving the streets below as wide as possible, yet giving maximum living area.  It reminds me of a pyramid on its point...very unstable! 

The updated picture has the woodgrain corrected to run along the timber instead of across it...I think it improves the realism a bit.

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations

July 06, 2012, 04:28:09 AM
Nice idea , if you wanted to add some more realism , is the roof ( I think they are called shingles ) or a real roof,
if the roof is real tiles you should add a lead valley and flashing around the chimney stack
Arundel

Lenovo  Enhanced Experience 2.0
intel i5 2500
Windows 7pro
8g ram
Tc 2016 deluxe

July 06, 2012, 04:22:22 PM
Nice idea , if you wanted to add some more realism , is the roof ( I think they are called shingles ) or a real roof,
if the roof is real tiles you should add a lead valley and flashing around the chimney stack
Arundel

The roof is shingles, but flashing and gutterings are things I might add if I get some time.

Gaz

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations

July 07, 2012, 12:13:17 PM
Great Rendering and Design, the work put into it shows . . .
And while it works in turn of the Previous Century Adelaide, I've spent too much time dealing with Planning and Building Departments this last year. Don't we want a setback so the second floor and third floor push outs don't encroach on the Public Right of Way?  ;)

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* July 09, 2012, 01:01:09 PM
Very nice work, I really like the design

July 09, 2012, 05:16:57 PM
Thanks everyone for your input, suggestions and advice.

Gaz

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations