TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Viewing DWG files in Turbo Cad
Read 1264 times
* June 15, 2012, 01:43:32 PM
When I open a 3D Autocad drawing in Turbocad the objects which are curved appear segmented or choppy.
What can I do to eliminate this choppiness?
Do I need to do something in Autocad before I save the file or is there something I can do in Turbocad to correct this problem?

Larry53

* June 16, 2012, 04:24:23 AM
A couple of things to check.

1. If it is indeed a solid, you can change the ACIS settings to Quality in TC, and see if that helps.

2. If it is a surface instead of a solid... you may be able to adjust it some using the Surface Option settings in TC.

3. If you would  post the drawing... they would make it easier.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* June 16, 2012, 06:39:51 AM
Do I need to do something in Autocad before I save the file or is there something I can do in Turbocad to correct this problem?Larry53
In addition to Greg's pointers some Ac check points will aid in your quest.

Before you bring your AutoCAD file into Tc this will help as additional remedy for choppy display of your project. Keep in mind I’m doing this with AC viewer and not the program itself. But if you go to this dialog in AC and up the values it will make a crisper display. Also AutoCAD there 2 additional setting options that will need up in values. If things haven’t change in AutoCAD there will be four adjustment boxes total that can be adjusted in this dialog. I show two. I have another option but it may leave to many ISOlines and used as a last choice and that command Surftab1, Surftab2 can be a choice. Than save as a dwg. See sample img.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison