TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Basics: Intersection of line to arc, v19
Read 1679 times
May 31, 2012, 09:56:55 PM
Just a check of my understanding:  If I draw a circle and a line; then choose the intersect snap mode, I don't get a point that matches where the two meet -- when I zoom in.  So the point chosen is really where the circle would be, but I'm seeing  the on-screen graphics show a polygon depiction of the circle? 

(When I explode the circle to get a polyline, then the intersect works fine.)

But in the circle mode, then, the actual circle is represented by the points of the polygon.  Then the fact that my "intersection" does not look right when zoomed in is still valid?

* June 01, 2012, 05:28:31 AM
From what your describing... you have Redsdk on. Do a "Regen" while your zoomed in, and the circle will become round... ie a circle as opposed to what looks like a polygon. You should then notice that the snap is at the intersection.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* June 01, 2012, 01:30:07 PM
If using RedSDK, you may want to open Options / Native Draw. Go to the "Advanced" Regeneration dialog and checkmark the "Arcs" option and any others you may want. I gather your circle/arc looks similar to the example on the Native Draw page.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

June 03, 2012, 01:21:44 PM
From what your describing... you have Redsdk on. Do a "Regen" while your zoomed in, and the circle will become round... ie a circle as opposed to what looks like a polygon. You should then notice that the snap is at the intersection.

Hitting F5 solves the issue!  I never thought of that.  Now, when zoomed in, hit F5, and the circle now meets the intersection!

June 03, 2012, 01:24:32 PM

Hitting F5 solves the issue!  I never thought of that.  Now, when zoomed in, hit F5, and the circle now meets the intersection!

Wow!  This works too, and I don't need to hit F5!  How do you guys figure all this stuff out?

* June 03, 2012, 01:45:53 PM
By luck mostly or hope they have something in the Help file.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

* June 03, 2012, 02:25:56 PM
We trade notes.  ;D

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off