TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Problem with Ellipse saving in DXF
Read 2510 times
* September 10, 2009, 06:12:47 AM
I am trying to save a CAD drawing as a DXF file. The DXF file isn't generating any of the elliptical curves. Any help would be appreciated.

* September 10, 2009, 07:14:56 AM
Do the curves show if you 'Save as' a .tcw file.

Don.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* September 10, 2009, 07:27:55 AM
What release are you using?  I had the same problem a while back (I think it was when V14 or V15 first came out) but I complained about it and IMSI eventually issued a patch.  If you think it will be helpful I'll try to look up my correspondence with IMSI on this issue.

JoeM

* September 10, 2009, 07:57:02 AM
I guess I didn't give enough information. When I import my DXF file to editor for Genesis Evolution(CnC Program editor) the elliptical code is not there. Any other type of arc imports just fine.

TC v.15.2

* September 10, 2009, 09:11:24 AM
I guess I didn't give enough information. When I import my DXF file to editor for Genesis Evolution(CnC Program editor) the elliptical code is not there. Any other type of arc imports just fine.

TC v.15.2

If you Explode the ellipse one time it will become a polyline. Would that make a difference?

Don

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.