TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Restaurant illustration drawings
Read 7755 times
April 25, 2012, 10:17:50 AM
Attached is an illustration drawing of a Restaurant created in TurboCad 18.2 and Photoshop Elements 7
The restaurant has 3 levels.
Ground level that is the dining area.
Below ground level the bar, kitchen & dance floor.
Then there is a laminated glass floor suspended and has a stairway attached and seats 4 people.

April 25, 2012, 10:33:40 AM
Fantastic renders.
A lot of work there!

Dave C
TC Pro V14.2 - TC 21 Platinum 64 Bit Build 22.3
Intel i-4770K 3.5GHz
120GB ssd 2TB hd
16GB memory
64bit Windows 7 Pro

www.ipernity.com/fizzyfitz

* April 25, 2012, 11:52:41 AM
Gorgeous.

Henry H

April 25, 2012, 05:38:43 PM
Really nice piece of work.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

April 25, 2012, 09:02:59 PM
Lots of detail, and we know I follow restaurants . . .
Is this a real or to be real place, or a fantasy?

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

April 25, 2012, 10:47:52 PM
Wow...busy!

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

* April 26, 2012, 07:00:19 AM
Great piece of work, it looks like you worked week on this project. Carroll

Carroll D. Peppersack
TurboCad 14.2 Deluxe
TurboCad 20 Plat

* April 26, 2012, 09:18:28 AM
Looking good, but ...

Wow...busy!

true, a bit busy. I know that this is a show off for the illustration itself, I hope criticism is welcome?

The large wall textures on the second image would look better if they were seamless, probably stretching them might help a bit?

I´d like to suggest the use of just one type of chair and def a "quieter" texture for the upper floor chairs.

Including text like "popcorn" IMO distracts by drawing too much attention to that unimportant bowl of ... popcorn :p

I assume that a few elements were placed into the rendering as decals in Pshop, those need a bit of "grounding" with a small bit of shadow around the bottom and behind them.

The wood texture of the racks is a bit coarse.

But all in all I like the image.

April 28, 2012, 03:26:37 AM
Greetings all , Thank you Dave C, thank you Henry,  Thank you kmartin, Thank you The CAD man for those kind word,

Hello McSlash.  It is a restaurant in Durban South Africa. Unfortunately the illustration drawings did not convince the investors  to revamp the premises and open the doors again. So until today it remain closed.  
However it was a great job to work on because of the existing structure of the premises. It had a lower ground level that lend itself to all sorts of possibilities .
There was place for a dining room,  private lounge, a dance floor, bar, kitchen, large stock room,  and  because of the double volume inner space I could include a 3rd level platform that I had plans to construct out of laminated safety glass suspended from the trusses.
However that was not to be so the restaurant only happened on paper.  That was 4 years ago.
How are you finding  V19 ?  

@ Carroll P, yes there was a lot of time put into the project.   Fortunately  the modelling had been done some time ago so I just polished it up in TurboCad 18.2 . It is a big file and I kept on running out of RAM.  Having said that it was still wonderful to work this model in TC18.2 . No crashes and processors quickly, and it was smooth as can be just a problem with the RAM.  I have 4 gig of Ram. My computer is a Dell Precision 690 64 bit. Quite an old machine about 4 years old.  I use it in 32 bit windows.  But may switch to 64 bit now that TC V19 can handle 64 bit. Not sure what will be involved switching over.
@ Michael2011, criticism welcome thank you.  I note  those points
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:25:22 AM by Up »

April 28, 2012, 09:54:21 AM
Nice work on these. I really like this last one you posted.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

April 29, 2012, 11:18:35 AM
Up-
It's always a little disappointing when a favorite design doesn't get built, believe me, I know the feeling.
I asked whether it was a real world project because it looks like an awesome room to work with, and it is the developers loss that they don't take chance on your excellent design. You got to spend money to make money.

As for v.19 once I have figured out where they hid all the tools I use, I think it will be worthy of the upgrade from
v.14.
Specifically, the 68bit feature of rendering without the fear of "Your computer is low on memory"  stopping progress.
I build in model space, and my work lately has either been very detailed or very large, and 32bit's inability to access all the memory while rendering was busting my chops.
I can take projects that wouldn't render in 14 and now add more detail, sidewalks and streets, neighboring structures and 19 renders it all up.
Also, while I haven't learned much about Redsdk, I have seen it speed the heck out of wireframe renderings.
Working on a couple of my more detailed drawings in wireframe, I would go to move a couple of objects across the room and 14 would take two or three minutes to compute the new drawing . . . the same with 19 without Redsdk, with Redsdk these problem drawings are rendering almost instantly.
So I am happy with the upgrade.

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 14.2 Pro
Windows 10 x 64 Home

April 29, 2012, 11:24:00 AM
Some nice subtle lighting effects in your visuals..... some nice details too....

McSlash.....you have a 68bit version  :o wow 4 bits more than mine then  ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:55:07 AM by Darrel Carl Durose »

Daz...
V2017 64-Bit & 32 Bit Platinum Edition
RedSDK Only in 64 bit & 32 bit = RedSDK & Lightworks
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.
OS Windows7 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 24GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

April 29, 2012, 12:25:33 PM
TurboCad V19 sounds worth upgrading especially for color illustration drawings. I have got a 64 bit machine and Win 7 in 64 bit as well.  So i might convert from 32 to 64 to take advantage of that better performance. My only concern is all my other apps. And i have got a lot , most older than 2 years.
Office 2010, Photoshop Elements 7, Coreldraw 12 , Camtasia, Illustrator CS3, Corel Painter Essentials 3 that i am not sure will work in 64 bit. That may mean upgrading some of my older apps and so the cost escalates. Anyway CAD has never been cheap i suppose.

April 29, 2012, 01:05:23 PM
Up, most 32-bit programs work just fine on a 64-bit computer.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

April 29, 2012, 05:52:57 PM
Some nice subtle lighting effects in your visuals..... some nice details too....

McSlash.....you have a 68bit version  :o wow 4 bits more than mine then  ;D

Yeah, and you would be surprised at how much those extra four bits cost me . . .

Up- I have noticerd NO problems with any of my 32bit apps, I also have several from Corel.

RMc____
v 14.2 Pro
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* April 30, 2012, 01:10:08 AM
What beautiful work, all of them look great. 

April 30, 2012, 01:53:11 AM
Thank you Darrel , thank you Andy.

May 06, 2012, 07:16:19 PM
Nice job on the restaurant John. It must have taken a good deal of time to get all those materials applied.

May 07, 2012, 12:03:05 AM
thank you Don. yes there was a lot of work adjusting the materials and lighting. I wonted a darker atmosphere inside the restaurant. Adding materials and colour to the models made the TCW file bigger ( 6375 kb ) and that add time to the rendering process.
TC 18.2 worked great and it felt smooth working on that big file. That job i originally created in Turbocad 14.
Two problems i had
1. running our of RAM - my OS is win7 and my rig had 4 gigs. ( it would help when i closing down all other programs )
2. and the time it takes when i use the Quality render tool. Having said that the render time is far shorter than previous TC versions and very smooth  - one minute and 40 seconds not bad at all really ,  however when i am testing lighting and material colours on the model then i may render the model 30 or 40 times. 
My machine has 64 bit capabilities and my win7 OS also has a 64 bit on the DVD so i am thinking of switching over.
How to do that with as little interruptions as possibly is the big question.

* December 26, 2012, 08:36:19 PM
It's really nice talking about Restaurant illustration drawings, and really awesome above comments, guys, i also want to say something about Restaurant illustration drawings, guys, before read this thread, i have no proper information about Restaurant illustration drawings, but after read this thread, i have some proper information about Restaurant illustration drawings, it's really guys, and keep it up ...

My life my rules...

* December 27, 2012, 07:59:27 AM
Nice work Up. 8)

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison