TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

setting the fulcrom point.
Read 2522 times
* April 18, 2012, 09:24:10 AM
I have had Turbo Cad V9 for wuite a while, have had trouble establishing the drawings I wanted to use, but think I have it useable now. I am designing mechanical brakes for my golf cart. It is an old one, built in 1975 and came with hiydraulic brakes. The master Cylinder and both rear cylinders are no longer available, were apparently specialy made for this cart. In the process of designing the pedal I need to set the fulcrom point of the drawing so as to set the movement of the pedal. To show what I want to do is draw a line upper left to lower right at 40 degrees, 8" long then from the top come down from the top two inches draw a perpendicular line from the lower side of the fist line 2". Now setting the fulcrom at the upper end of the first line so I can rotate the two line assembly relative to the top of the long line to get the through on the end of the smaller line.. hope this is clear

* April 18, 2012, 10:59:27 AM
I have had Turbo Cad V9 for wuite a while, have had trouble establishing the drawings I wanted to use, but think I have it useable now. I am designing mechanical brakes for my golf cart. It is an old one, built in 1975 and came with hiydraulic brakes. The master Cylinder and both rear cylinders are no longer available, were apparently specialy made for this cart. In the process of designing the pedal I need to set the fulcrom point of the drawing so as to set the movement of the pedal. To show what I want to do is draw a line upper left to lower right at 40 degrees, 8" long then from the top come down from the top two inches draw a perpendicular line from the lower side of the fist line 2". Now setting the fulcrom at the upper end of the first line so I can rotate the two line assembly relative to the top of the long line to get the through on the end of the smaller line.. hope this is clear

Not sure I understand. Would this do the job: Group the two lines; select the group; press D on the keyboard to indicate that you want to move the group's Reference point; move the cursor to the upper end of the first line; press V on the keyboard. Now if you rotate the group, it'll rotate about that new Reference Point.

Henry H

* April 20, 2012, 04:57:44 PM
Thanks for your reply, It is no wonder you were confused, so was I. I choose the wrong word FULCRUM point, I should have said ROTATION POINT. In Turbocad when you select a drawing with two sections like one line with a second line connected to at lets say 40 degrees it shows a box with both lines selected together. The rotation point is in the center of the box, the assembly can be rotated around that center point. I would like to move that center point to the starting point of the first line. I found a way to get around this by selecting two components of my drawing that I want see rotated by selecting them, copy them to another place on the drawing, then use to rotate handle to rotate that assembly a certain amount, copy the roted assembly and move it onto the original drawing with the point of the assembly is in the right position to view the change with the rotation. It took several attemps to set the amount of rotaton desired. Being able to set the senter point of an assmebly would be nice.

* April 20, 2012, 08:05:44 PM
Thanks for your reply, It is no wonder you were confused, so was I. I choose the wrong word FULCRUM point, I should have said ROTATION POINT. In Turbocad when you select a drawing with two sections like one line with a second line connected to at lets say 40 degrees it shows a box with both lines selected together. The rotation point is in the center of the box, the assembly can be rotated around that center point. I would like to move that center point to the starting point of the first line. I found a way to get around this by selecting two components of my drawing that I want see rotated by selecting them, copy them to another place on the drawing, then use to rotate handle to rotate that assembly a certain amount, copy the roted assembly and move it onto the original drawing with the point of the assembly is in the right position to view the change with the rotation. It took several attemps to set the amount of rotaton desired. Being able to set the senter point of an assmebly would be nice.

Select the assembly, press D on the keyboard, and snap the cursor where you want the new rotation point.

Henry H

* April 21, 2012, 05:04:58 PM
Thanks a bunch, all I would have had to do woas READ your first reply. I appoligize. To be honest I did not think it was possible, so did not read past your the beginning of your reply just assumed I did not make myself clear when you new what I wanted to achive. years ago I used a DOS cad program called Draft Choice Plus by Trius. I learned how to use it and rely enjoyed it. They made a Windows version but was not as understandable as the DOS version. There is a lot I have to learn about Turbocad. I looked thgough the ehlp files to see if there was any way to change the center point of a selection, just did not look in the right place. Thanks for helping. There are other areas I need answers on, I will start reading the replys to questions in this forum.

* April 21, 2012, 06:19:24 PM
Thanks a bunch, all I would have had to do woas READ your first reply. I appoligize. To be honest I did not think it was possible, so did not read past your the beginning of your reply just assumed I did not make myself clear when you new what I wanted to achive. years ago I used a DOS cad program called Draft Choice Plus by Trius. I learned how to use it and rely enjoyed it. They made a Windows version but was not as understandable as the DOS version. There is a lot I have to learn about Turbocad. I looked thgough the ehlp files to see if there was any way to change the center point of a selection, just did not look in the right place. Thanks for helping. There are other areas I need answers on, I will start reading the replys to questions in this forum.

Glad to help. Don't hesitate to post further questions.

Henry H

* April 22, 2012, 04:43:12 AM
You may want to look at Selecting and Transforming Objects in the Wiki or Help and maybe Select Edit.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* April 23, 2012, 08:54:13 AM
Thanks a bunch for all your help, I will study that TRANSFORM option, am sure that will furhter help in my understanding of the program.