TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

False positive on CAM plug-in file?
Read 4155 times
* September 04, 2009, 12:22:52 PM
I purchased and installed the CAM plug-in for TC v16 Pro this morning and my antivirus, ESET NOD32 v4.0.437 promptly picked up one of the installed files as Win32/Agent Trojan.

I strongly suspect this is a false positive, however, I would like some sort of verification before running the CAM software. The file in question is C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCWP16\Program\InitArm.exe.

And, yes, I have submitted the file and am waiting for a response from ESET. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

3 other packages on VirusTotal also picked this up. AntiVir and McAfee-GW-Edition picked it up as TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen and CAT-Quickheal picked it up as (Suspicious) - DNAScan.

* September 08, 2009, 07:39:42 AM
Hi Adam13
I also got the trojan horse warning.  I am using Norton Internet Security 2007.  The odd thing though is, I have it running on three machines along with the TCP16 and CAM, but only one machine is complaining about it.  I don't think this is really a trojan, but I am not 100% sure about it.

* September 08, 2009, 08:27:27 AM
We had a similar report about a month ago from a customer with AVG.
It was determined that the problem was not with TCAD or our plug-ins.

* September 08, 2009, 01:46:08 PM
The file is now testing clear with the current update of NOD32's virus database 4407.