TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

missing some things
Read 1261 times
* August 20, 2009, 07:38:18 PM
Hi , am new to turbocad. had this version forever v12 , but didn't use it much til now. I watched most of the tutorials both 2 d and 3d lessons about drawing in TC.  I learned some stuff , like how to get around that annoying beep!  ;-)   
Still have long way to go to do anything productive in the program. First thing I noticed watching tutorials and copying them step by step , was , what the tutorial tells you to do , as example in a drawing , sometimes is not there in my program ,when and where it shows up on their screen. Not to be long winded about it, I can't find things anywhere??
Like constraints ??   or when they use architectural files to insert to the drawing.  I installed the Symbols version 2 from a separate cd to the computer , but darn if I can locate any file to add to a drawing !  If I can't find the tools , how can I do anything.  Don't have the pro version , too poor. But is that my problem?   Doesn't my deluxe version have constraints?  Tried toolbar add remove buttons , but no constraints , and architectural has only one  wall in there.   Please need an evaluation of the situation.  Want to get this show on the road. Lines and shapes are fine , but get boring after a few tries.   look forward to the experienced users input , and it will be put to good use. Thanks for any replies you may have.   

* August 20, 2009, 08:40:36 PM
Many of the Pro features are not available in Deluxe. Constraints, Shell Solid, Fillet Edges, Chamfer Edges, and others I can't think of offhand -- these are available only in the Pro edition. IMO you'll get a lot more functionality for about the same price from an older version of the Pro edition than from a recent version of Deluxe.

Henry H