TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Contour by PICK
Read 3162 times
* March 22, 2012, 03:12:43 PM
Turbocad cam pro 15. Contour by pick works sometimes and other times it is gray in contour lists and doesn't respond to selection. Completely restarting and making a very simple drawing and still doesn’t work. It is completely unpredictable. bwr

March 22, 2012, 05:30:43 PM
Have you read the help file? The name "Contour By Pick" is a little misleading. Are you trying to pick a contour to machine? Here is a method I use.

If I have a closed polyline I want to cut out with a .500 end mill, I create an offset contour of .25. I then choose Path Milling & click on the offset contour, which is green. & I follow that path.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* April 20, 2012, 01:53:13 AM
I have read the help file some time ago and I use to be able to make use of Contour by Pick when defining contours on which to generate G code for my mill. Because of the listed problem, I have been unable to make use of the function and there are times when it would be quite useful.
I was trying to determine if there may be something I must do to get it to function again. I guess I could try to reinstall but, that is a real drag, having to call and get a new product ID code to re- install. It seems that the licensed user could be cut a little slack if he/she has to deal with a precarious software product requireing installs often.

April 20, 2012, 09:43:30 AM
can you upload your file so I may look at it?

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||