TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Saving Drawings
Read 2154 times
* August 19, 2009, 06:08:36 PM
When saving TCW's and DXF drawings, where do they go?  I went tro my computer-program files-IMSIDesigns-TurboCAD16-Drawings or DXF or TCW Drawings and those folders say empty.  Why?..They do show up when I am in TurboCAD16.   Thanks, Ray

Ray
12.5 Pro
16 Deluxe
Windows Vista 64 bit NOW Windows 10
 and Trial of 2018 Pro

* August 19, 2009, 07:34:27 PM
"When saving TCW's and DXF drawings, where do they go? "

Hi Ray

Usually there should be drawing folder in My Documents (Xp).It all depends how you save in the path direction you set up.To find out  the path hover your mouse over Recent Items (Vista) when click on the Start button lower left of your screen. Then right click Properties of the drawing you where working on last. When choosing  drawing from Recent Items (Vista) selection there you see the path where drawing is going.Basically you can save any where you want.But the norm is in My Documents (Xp) for easy recovery.
A faster way click on the Start Button at lower part of the screen and do Start Search at the bottom with few key words and it will scan in your machine if you are using Vista.

W.D.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:13:07 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* August 20, 2009, 09:31:23 AM
For me, drawings are saved to a folder in "My Documents" or "Documents", depending on the OS.

XP — C:\Documents and Settings\John R\My Documents\TurboCAD 16\Drawings
Vista — C:\Users\John R\Documents\TurboCAD 16\Drawings

The "Save In" field at the top of the dialog should tell you where you're saving to if your expand it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:33:16 AM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit