TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Version 19 RedSdk performance
Read 2579 times
* March 20, 2012, 06:32:04 AM
Ok, what happened with this new version tcad 19 64 bit? After drawing a simple 3d box in Redsdk mode if I render with draft lightworks (smooth open GL) Tcad v19 64 bit trail version freezes up. I can use Redsdk hidden line, draft, quality and wireframe without any issues. If I render with lightworks quality render while in Redsdk mode it will render but when I go and move the view with the mouse wheel I get redlines on my screen and Tcad freezes up. I did not have these issues with Tcad platinum 18.2.   I am not very impressed with this new 64 bit version (on my computer) .I have spent more time shutting down Tcad with the task manager than actually drawing something. Aside from the Redsdk issues, as for 64 bit, In GDI or redsdk mode I do not notice any significant improvement working with large files. IMHO, Imsi offering hatch pattern creator and drawing compare free with the new version is a slap on the hand for the users whom have already purchased those plugins, bad decision. C’est la vie.

I am using windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
Hewlett Packard hp pavilion dv7 notebook
Amd  turion II Ultra dual- core mobile m600 2.40 ghz.
Installed memory 4gb
Generic video driver
Renderer: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series 

GPU chipset: ATI R700

Driver version: ATI Catalyst 9.7

OpenGL version: 2.1.8787

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 and HP all in one desktop with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3

* March 20, 2012, 06:58:20 AM
Try a different driver maybe? I haven't had the issues you describe.

As far as large files go... it has more to do with available memory to handle the large files rather than speed. You can now render using all available memory, and are no longer limited to the x86 problems. This also affects/helps the Drafting Palette... which also had memory limitations in x86 TC.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* March 20, 2012, 09:21:34 AM
Dean is it possible to post a sceenshot of these red lines you are referring to ?

* March 20, 2012, 09:27:56 AM
No doubt there will be teething problems after converting over a million lines of code to 64bit, but take my word, this is the way to go. With enough memory and a descent processor , this version will zoom, even though we know that there will be some problems early days until the first patch, and maybe still some in a later patch.

Ask the programmer Turbocad users on the forum for their opinion in the potential of the 64 bit version.

Once you reach the 4gb limit on the 32 bit version, you need to have the expandability and access to  more memory that the 64 bit version offers.

Stick with it, even if you do have some glitches early days.

* March 20, 2012, 10:23:34 AM
Dean is it possible to post a sceenshot of these red lines you are referring to ?

Hi Dave, I followed Gregs advice and updated the ATI driver to 11.1 for laptops. I do not get the redlines anymore but I still get issues when I click on mouse wheel and drag around the object as seen in the picture below. The picture displays the issue when  I had RedSdk on with a quality lightworks  raytrace full render with all the foreground wireframe options checked. Also the driver update seems to have fixed the  freezing problem with a Draft lightworks smooth GL render with RedSdk on.

Greg, thanx for the info.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:28:20 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 and HP all in one desktop with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3

March 20, 2012, 10:26:21 AM
You could try Tc without Redsdk to see if it is your Graphics hardware/driver that is causing the problem?

Daz...
V2018 64-Bit & 32 Bit Platinum Edition
RedSDK Only in 64 bit & 32 bit = RedSDK & Lightworks
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.
OS Windows10 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 24GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

* March 20, 2012, 10:32:49 AM

Hi Dave, I followed Gregs advice and updated the ATI driver to 11.1 for laptops. I do not get the redlines anymore but I still get issues when I click on mouse wheel and drag around the object as seen in the picture below. The picture displays the issue when  I had RedSdk on with a quality lightworks  raytrace full render with all the foreground wireframe options checked. Also the driver update seems to have fixed the  freezing problem with a Draft lightworks smooth GL render with RedSdk on.

Greg, thanx for the info.

You're welcome... glad it cured some of the problems... although not all.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* March 20, 2012, 01:23:02 PM
Can you give use the driver updated driver version you are now using so we can verify with Redsdk your GPU and driver configuration?

Edit - Sorry nevermind i see that now....11.1 for laptops
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:04:00 PM by Dave Taylor »