TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

problem with the woodworking create layout tool
Read 2234 times
* March 18, 2012, 11:55:28 PM
Hi there.
            Im having problem with the woodworking create layout tool, it is picking up only half the TC Surface drawings some of the round 2d and 3d objects are not been generated into the cutting list. If you draw a circle and then a rectangle and use the woodworking create latout tool it will only pick up the rectangle but if you extrude them both it will pick up both. I dont under stand why both parts of my drawing drawings that have curved and rectangle polyline extruded TC Surfaces only the female is getting picking up not the male. I have redraw this male part 3 times with the same result happing each time. :'(  >:(.
Can anyone help me with this problem or is it a known that you cant use curved drawings with this tool. I have Turbocad 17.2 Pro/Platinum
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:06:41 AM by gerard faber »

* March 19, 2012, 09:34:15 AM
Hi there.
            Im having problem with the woodworking create layout tool, it is picking up only half the TC Surface drawings some of the round 2d and 3d objects are not been generated into the cutting list. If you draw a circle and then a rectangle and use the woodworking create latout tool it will only pick up the rectangle but if you extrude them both it will pick up both. I dont under stand why both parts of my drawing drawings that have curved and rectangle polyline extruded TC Surfaces only the female is getting picking up not the male. I have redraw this male part 3 times with the same result happing each time. :'(  >:(.
Can anyone help me with this problem or is it a known that you cant use curved drawings with this tool. I have Turbocad 17.2 Pro/Platinum

It's a known limitation.

Henry H

* March 20, 2012, 04:47:27 AM
Hi there.
            Im having problem with the woodworking create layout tool, it is picking up only half the TC Surface drawings some of the round 2d and 3d objects are not been generated into the cutting list. If you draw a circle and then a rectangle and use the woodworking create latout tool it will only pick up the rectangle but if you extrude them both it will pick up both. I dont under stand why both parts of my drawing drawings that have curved and rectangle polyline extruded TC Surfaces only the female is getting picking up not the male. I have redraw this male part 3 times with the same result happing each time. :'(  >:(.

It's a known limitation.

Henry H

Thanks Henry H for replying.
Do you know if this limitation has been addressed in Turbocad 18/19 Pro/Platinum.
Thank's mate,
                   Gerard Faber.
Hi there.

* March 20, 2012, 11:05:56 AM
Do you know if this limitation has been addressed in Turbocad 18/19 Pro/Platinum.

Not fixed in 18.2 Platinum or in 19.0 Platinum, 32-bit. Can't answer for v19.0, 64-bit, but I'd give attractive odds that it's not fixed there, either.

Henry H

* December 18, 2018, 09:02:54 AM
I am having a problem with the Woodworking Tool. I click on Tools>Woodworking>Layout and complete all the required entries to Create Layout and Finish. The help for this feature says that I should "Click in the drawing to bring in the board layout." I click on the drawing and nothing happens. Nothing shows up in drafting. Where do I get the board layout? I am using TurboCAD Pro 21.

TurboCAD Professional 21 64-bit - Platinum Edition

* December 18, 2018, 05:04:38 PM
I am having a problem with the Woodworking Tool. I click on Tools>Woodworking>Layout and complete all the required entries to Create Layout and Finish. The help for this feature says that I should "Click in the drawing to bring in the board layout." I click on the drawing and nothing happens. Nothing shows up in drafting. Where do I get the board layout? I am using TurboCAD Pro 21.

Can you post the .tcw file?

Henry H

* December 19, 2018, 07:18:24 AM
I don't know how to upload a file on this forum. I've tried to run the Woodworking app with just a small box and still get the same problem - no layout. I will upload the file if you tell me how. Thanks.

* December 19, 2018, 07:36:10 AM
To upload a file. 

Below where you normally type in your post or reply,  is  'Attachments and other options', clicking this will expand that section.  click browse button to find the file.  When you click the 'post button' to post your message the file will be uploaded.    There is a limit to the file size that the forum will accept, not sure what the current limit is, it used to be 4Mb. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:38:06 AM by Andy H »

* December 19, 2018, 07:51:18 AM
Okay. Here it is.

* December 19, 2018, 11:07:05 AM
Layer 0 was off and TC use that to make the Table and Layout, thats why you did not see it.
But there was something wrong in your drawing as open layer 0 make TC crash, so after 3 crash incl open New from scratch and Extract from it still crash. so open 1 more time, exploded all the Parts to get rid of part tree, Groups 2 times and Box's 1 time and it all was Acis Solid's, deleted one that i belive was wrong/ should not be there,( there was 2 "sides" on the rigth side)
Selected everything with ctrl+a and then ctrl + c to copy everything visible, open a New from scratch and ctrl + v to paste it in the New drawing, now also layer 0 worked and was on, run the layout and everthing worked just fine and it put out all 11 part's on 3 sheet, all 11 also come up in the BOM table

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

December 20, 2018, 12:43:15 AM
... deleted one that i belive was wrong/ should not be there,( there was 2 "sides" on the rigth side)
Selected everything... and ctrl + v to paste it in the New drawing...

Did all that except for deleting the object with two side on the right side.  How did you identify that piece?

That may have stopped the Create Layout function from working properly; I cannot click-select as described in the manual or any other way except single-clicking on the edge of an object and choosing one of the overlapping pieces, and even then only one will stay selected.  I was only able to choose two non-overlapping objects and then the layout function worked, but that isn't good enough.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

December 20, 2018, 01:19:11 AM
... I cannot click-select as described in the manual or any other way except single-clicking on the edge of an object and choosing one of the overlapping pieces, and even then only one will stay selected...

Dang it... now I can select all the shelving pieces and the function works.  Nothing in the manual about the function working in the World Plan view only.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* December 20, 2018, 01:20:39 AM
By click on it/ them.
I have not used/ tested this tool since maybe v 18 ?? as i never draw something where that can be handy :)
First i noticed it seems to not like the box's as they did not turn magenta, so i click on every single objects to find out what they was, and when click on rigth side i got 2 choice, so zoom in and did see the difference near the bottom where there was a cut out similar to the left side, 1 was a part the other one was an Acis.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

December 20, 2018, 01:38:24 AM
I deleted the extra side piece.  The exploded image explains what probably happened.

Jeff

* December 20, 2018, 07:38:23 AM
Thank you everyone. Holy smokes! I didn't know this site would be so active and useful. :) Jeffin90620, how did you explode the parts like that? Did you manually explode it or is there some useful function that does this? It would have been very helpful if IMSIDesign were to update their instruction on the Woodworking tool. I did find the multiple tiny tables in the drawing once I turned on layer 0 and went to world view.

December 21, 2018, 06:34:25 AM
Jeffin90620, how did you explode the parts like that? Did you manually explode it or is there some useful function that does this?

I did it manually.  Adding an Exploded View command would be useful, but very difficult to implement.

Jeff