TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Cam Bam Competitor To Turbocad CAM
Read 7131 times
March 04, 2012, 11:51:49 AM
turbocad users

IMSI Design better get with it and

put some effort into CAM.

it's really hard to defend Turbocad CAM

against this.

plus it's aimed at same price market.

http://www.cambam.info/

Have A Nice Day!

Turbocad Deluxe 16

March 06, 2012, 05:07:07 AM
I have not used it as of yet, but have thought about testing it out. Right now, though, I am learning a whole new package at work, AlibreCAM, because it has 3D capabilities. Basically it is Alibre Design software with VisualMill integrated into it.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* March 06, 2012, 09:18:20 AM
Been looking over Mastercam X6 looks impressive

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

March 06, 2012, 10:00:29 PM
CAMMER'S

i think i'm tilting at windmills

thinking IMSI Design is going

to go full throttle with CAM making it into 3D program.

then it's real fantasy world stuff about IMSI

coming out with CNC controller program

like Mach3.

it's nice to think about a Turbocad  Suite of CNC programs

but oh well! :)

Have A Nice Day!

Turbocad Deluxe 16

* April 03, 2012, 03:45:18 PM
Hello to all,
 I purchased TurboCAD v16 pro, with the cam add on about two months ago. I started with Mastercam v3.** back in '91. There have been a lot of changes over the years. After retirement, the cost to catch up on the maintainance costs was more than I could justify, so here I am. There has been quite a lot of adjustment to the terminology used, and the extra features that can be found on each program. It is a better world, to create the geometry, and then the tool paths within the same program, if that is possible.
 At this point, I have not gotten into the cam module, except to register it.
Regards,
Bob

April 03, 2012, 06:36:39 PM
Well, just jump in & give it a try. It is a very easy program to use. Do you have a machine you are programming for?

TurboCAD user since v3

May 07, 2012, 01:12:24 PM
Hi Kmartin,
please could you tell me if TC cam plug in will export to text file for mach 3 to use.

thanks
Peter

May 14, 2012, 09:26:38 AM
Hi Kmartin,
please could you tell me if TC cam plug in will export to text file for mach 3 to use.

thanks
Peter

Yes it does

TurboCAD user since v3

* May 15, 2012, 01:30:15 PM
Well, just jump in & give it a try. It is a very easy program to use. Do you have a machine you are programming for?
Yes, I have a Haas VF-0, that had been used to produce 2 1/2 axis parts for several years. How is the Haas post?
Any opinions + or -?
Regards,
Bob

May 15, 2012, 03:23:44 PM
I have not reied the HAAS post. My router uses Mach3 with a modified Fanuc post.

TurboCAD user since v3

June 09, 2012, 06:44:08 AM
I hope IMSI take good notice from the survey I filled out. And take a look on ebay on all the cheap CNC routers available to the home hobbiest and the growing market in 3D printers It has always been my experience that numbers do a lot to motivate companies and ebays  listings of CNC router are lengthy 

Gee dad.......... what could go wrong ( see Pic)

June 09, 2012, 07:20:16 AM
I am not sure if there will be any significant upgrades to the TurboCAM software. IMSI has also been pushing the Visual Mill software. It is more robust, along with being more expensive. Here is the link on the TC web site http://www.turbocad.com/TurboCAD/TurboCADWindows/CADCompanionProducts/VisualMILL60CAMSoftware/tabid/1686/Default.aspx

I also use Alibre Design Professional bundled with thier AlibreCAM software, which is Visual Mill. It is a really good program.

TurboCAD user since v3

* June 09, 2012, 03:35:05 PM
I hope IMSI take good notice from the survey I filled out. And take a look on ebay on all the cheap CNC routers available to the home hobbiest and the growing market in 3D printers It has always been my experience that numbers do a lot to motivate companies and ebays  listings of CNC router are lengthy 
This may be before your time but if google up tinker toy and look over sample images.Few of these 3d printers that are ebay remind of just that tinker toy construction,generic.Depending on the complexity and size, design concept of the object.I would prefer to have my objects machined out of aluminum or plastic and makes more appealing prototype to the eye. Along with cost is cheaper.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

June 11, 2012, 11:10:50 AM
I used to love tinker toys

TurboCAD user since v3

* June 11, 2012, 12:18:27 PM
It was probably before my time but I'm partial to Erector sets back in the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erector_Set