TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

scale
Read 2661 times
* August 16, 2009, 09:07:27 AM
I created project in model space and imported into paper space in given
scale.Now I would like to create small detail in model space and import it into
paper space but scale needs to be different than the first one.
Could someone help please.Also under each detail I need to put a note
what it is and what scale it is.Do I do notes in workspace or do i do them in paper space?
When I am on paper space #1 and I do -FILE-PAGE SETUP,does it means Paper space # 2 will have same setting or perhaps I need to do FILE-PAGE SETUP for each paper space individually?

* August 16, 2009, 10:03:42 AM
Assuming you've "imported" into paper space by means of a Viewport -- the correct way to do it -- you can insert another Viewport right into an existing one. You can set their sizes, locations, and scales independently of one another. And you can add notes and/or graphics directly in paper space. Attached screenshot is a trivial example.

Henry H

[attachment deleted by admin]

August 16, 2009, 10:06:05 AM
Assuming you've "imported" into paper space by means of a Viewport -- the correct way to do it -- you can insert another Viewport right into an existing one. You can set their sizes, locations, and scales independently of one another. And you can add notes and/or graphics directly in paper space. Attached screenshot is a trivial example.

Henry H

And don't forget that fragmental views can be used with Drafting Palette objects.

* August 16, 2009, 10:10:32 AM
The normal way to do this is with Named Views.

In Modelspace you create a view and name it. Two ways to go about this, use Create View and drag a fence around the area you want to be in the View, then Name it. The other way, if you like what you see on the screen, right-click on a Standard View icon to bring up the Named View dialog and give it a name. Both do the same thing, just a little differently.

Now go into Paperspace and use "Insert / Viewport". You will insert your viewport just like you would create a rectangle. You'll get the Named View dialog; select a view, Go To, Close. Now select the VP and go to its Properties. On the Viewport page in the Scale section, check "Fixed", then pick a scale from the list. You can overwrite what is in the list window with your own scale parameter, TC will convert it if it's not the same system currently being used.

You can insert another VP into that Paperspace and use a different view with a different scale or even the same view with a different scale.

Hope this helps

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

* August 16, 2009, 10:17:40 AM
When I am on paper space #1 and I do -FILE-PAGE SETUP,does it means Paper space # 2 will have same setting or perhaps I need to do FILE-PAGE SETUP for each paper space individually?

Unfortunately, the settings in Page Setup are used across the board; modelspace and any paperspace.

You can also get to Page Setup by right-clicking on the Print icon.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

* August 16, 2009, 10:59:07 AM
Thank you gentlemen.It helped tremendously.I spent an hours on this subject to try to figure it out.