TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

A Tool for a Milling Machine
Read 3817 times
* February 21, 2012, 02:47:55 PM
Hey Guys

I always wanted this tool in my tool box so I figure make my own version of one.
For those who are not familiar with it enclosed is a sample video demonstrating its purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-D1gNYPi3A&feature=player_embedded

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

February 21, 2012, 03:47:05 PM
Nice render wd. BTW, I do have one of these in my tool box  ;D
here is the one I have http://youtu.be/qGdptphPWGs
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 03:58:40 PM by kmartin »

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* February 22, 2012, 07:30:15 AM
Thanks Ken for the look see., But still trying to find a work around from the facets on the blue object when I extrude it although I had the 3d mode activated in the properties dialog I suspect when i chose the arc tool and then fillet the corners is when I ran into some trouble.J.R.S. had some sample extrusions utilizing different methods some where but yet to  find them.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

February 22, 2012, 08:09:51 PM
Looks good W.D.
Did you models the gauge dials or image wrap them. I like to see a close up of one if you feel like posting it.

February 22, 2012, 09:32:49 PM
Nice job WD, I like the gauge faces and how you've dropped a relevant pic into the background.

Gaz

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

* February 23, 2012, 08:37:32 AM
Thanks guys I must say you have keen eye for detail. I forgot one little adjustment and is to calibrate the dial hand to match calibrating block on the surface plate it was late at night and I was getting tired so I kind of miss some detail now and then. :)

Don they are extrude items on the dial face

Garry the background is something I modify from a existing image done in Paint.net. I try to make the background with of a little theme to make it little interesting to the eye.

Thanks
W.D.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:41:54 PM by wd »

February 27, 2012, 07:26:45 AM
Thanks guys I must say you have keen eye for detail. I forgot one little adjustment and is to calibrate the dial hand to match calibrating block on the surface plate it was late at night and I was getting tired so I kind of miss some detail now and then. :)

Don they are extrude items on the dial face

Garry the background is something I modify from a existing image done in Paint.net. I try to make the background with of a little theme to make it little interesting to the eye.

Thanks
W.D.

Thanks for the close-up W.D.

February 28, 2012, 09:38:42 AM
superb images wd

Dave C
TC Pro V14.2 - TC 21 Platinum 64 Bit Build 22.3
Intel i-4770K 3.5GHz
120GB ssd 2TB hd
16GB memory
64bit Windows 7 Pro

www.ipernity.com/fizzyfitz

* February 28, 2012, 11:33:53 AM
Thanks Dave.I have an assortment of tools I'm looking to make in to 3d models and some already made that needs rendition steps materials,environments,etc.It Good to see you stop in again here in the forum. I enjoyed your backgammon set.Have you been developing any new creations.Like to see some new work. :)

w.d.

February 28, 2012, 12:47:03 PM
Hey wd.

I guess I've been away from the forum for a while now!
Hope to be on a bit more often now.

Went off to learn a bit of photography.
After doing the Ole Joe's store render(remember that) the theory was to mix my own photo's with TC.
Still haven't really got around to that.

Then learned a bit about image editing using Paint.net and Gimp.
Joined Flickr.

Boss at work saw some of my editing work on flickr. I ended up doing some photography and editing for my works brochure.
I bought Photoshop CS5 Last April so I have spent a lot of time getting my head around that too.

Not a lot of time for messing with TC.
I was recently approached by a small company to do some 3D work so now I'm trying to get back into TC.   ;D ;D

Dave C
TC Pro V14.2 - TC 21 Platinum 64 Bit Build 22.3
Intel i-4770K 3.5GHz
120GB ssd 2TB hd
16GB memory
64bit Windows 7 Pro

www.ipernity.com/fizzyfitz