TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

negative countersink
Read 2176 times
* August 14, 2009, 09:03:52 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get a countersink hole from underneath a part?

I have a plate and I have put the point on the underneath. The workplane is set to the underneath facet.

When I choose counter sink it does not work. I think its because the  Z axis changes direction when the work plane is set underneath.

Cheers,

MPC.

* August 14, 2009, 09:11:42 AM
Hmm,

I am using TC16 BTW.

If I set the reach as normal and set the depth is okay.

If I use Reach as through then it does not work.

Anyone know what through does?.

Thanks

MPC

* August 14, 2009, 11:01:55 AM
re: Does anyone know how to get a countersink hole from underneath a part?

Seems to work OK here.
I drew out a Box, changed the WP to the top and placed a couple points. I used the Hole tool to place some Counter Sink holes at those points. I then reset the WP to World (which is where the bottom of the box is) and placed some points. I used the Page Down key to select the bottom facet, then select the points. The counter sink went up into the box as expected. I could have also rotated my view to select the bottom facet.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* August 17, 2009, 01:55:44 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. did you use the Reach through mode on the countersink properties.

I can only get it to work if I use the normal in set the depth.

MPC

* August 17, 2009, 11:11:46 AM
re: did you use the Reach through mode on the countersink properties.

I tried all three "Reach" features. When I use Normal, TC shows a preview of the Hole before I select Finish. When I used "Through" and "Next Face", only the Point object lit up, but no preview of what the hole would look like. The Hole appeared when I selected Finish. I looked in Help, but they don't describe what "Through" and "Next Face" are or their differences. To me, they both do they same thing, which leads me to believe there is something broken here; I just don't know what.

After using Page Down, I click on the green highlighted "Face", then click on the Point to select that, then Finish.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

* August 17, 2009, 11:28:23 AM
I looked in Help, but they don't describe what "Through" and "Next Face" are or their differences.

What they mean:

[attachment deleted by admin]

* August 17, 2009, 12:27:14 PM
re: What they mean

I thought I tried that yesterday and it didn't seem to work; today it does. Thank you for the education. :-)

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

* August 17, 2009, 02:12:48 PM
re: What they mean

I thought I tried that yesterday and it didn't seem to work; today it does.

A familiar lament. BTDT :-(

Henry H