TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Pro 16 Help
Read 3127 times
* May 15, 2009, 04:04:12 PM
I just installed Pro 16, and it seems the only "Help" is a PDF file of the manual.  This is not what I used to in Windows.  Meaning the "normal" help is not there.

Additionally if you look in the index of the pdf file, the page numbers don't match the pdf files page numbers (due to un-numbered pages at the beginning - I assume).

I previously used Pro 6.  So has it been this way for a while, or am I missing something?

Tom

* May 15, 2009, 04:24:05 PM
re: it seems the only "Help" is a PDF file of the manual.....the "normal" help is not there.

That's all there is. They first tried PDF as a Help file back in V14, but it bombed due to bugs. They returned to a CHM Help file in V15. Now, in Version 16, they're going with PDF again. It has had some problems, but nothing like the last time around. I doubt if they'll ever return to CHM. I believe it was mentioned that it was more cost effective this way.

John R.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* May 15, 2009, 09:44:55 PM
Correct.

CHM is based on a very difficult and tedious system, it is very error prone and the indexes are difficult to maintain.

Mauritz

May 16, 2009, 04:47:49 PM
I just installed Pro 16, and it seems the only "Help" is a PDF file of the manual.  This is not what I used to in Windows.  Meaning the "normal" help is not there.

Additionally if you look in the index of the pdf file, the page numbers don't match the pdf files page numbers (due to un-numbered pages at the beginning - I assume).

I previously used Pro 6.  So has it been this way for a while, or am I missing something?

Tom

PDF is not so bad. Very searchable. And if it keeps the cost of upgrades down, well, I think that's a fair sacrifice.

Alan.
Platinum 21. & Deluxe 21.
TC user since 1995. (version 3)