TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

interferance of walls
Read 1599 times
* August 11, 2009, 01:44:45 PM
I want to have different versions of my building on different layers. However walls on one layer interact with walls on another even when it is turned off (not visible). Can you isolate walls that are crossing each other or intersecting, so that they do not link up?

* August 11, 2009, 05:11:17 PM
re: Can you isolate walls that are crossing each other or intersecting, so that they do not link up?

I believe this can only be done if the Walls are on a different plane, high enough above/below where they won't intersect/overlap each other. Basically, you would actually be creating a second, third, fourth story, but it would look the same in Plan View. I hope that isn't too confusing.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

* August 11, 2009, 05:19:49 PM
Afraid I couldn't figure out how to do that in v16 (or v14, either). But in v11,  the strategy of placing them on different Layers and then switching the Layers' visibility works just fine.

Henry H

August 12, 2009, 01:49:07 PM
I believe this can only be done if the Walls are on a different plane, high enough above/below where they won't intersect/overlap each other. Basically, you would actually be creating a second, third, fourth story, but it would look the same in Plan View. I hope that isn't too confusing.

John is correct.  We place multiple stories on different workplanes and walls don't seem to interact with hidden layers.  Have been doing it that way since v8, but Henry is correct also, the walls since v14 do act some different.  When creating the workplanes separate them by a large enough Z value so the entities won't touch the hidden ones.

Jon Coxwell, AIA
Windows Win 7x64
TC19,20 32 bit, 20,21,22 64 bit (Platinum)
RedSDK usually off  Win 10 pro

Save the Planet
Conserve & Recycle