TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Can someone test something in V.16 for me?
Read 1698 times
* August 11, 2009, 12:53:28 PM
I have TurboCAD Deluxe V12.5 and every time I save a drawing to DWG it loses its page settings and the fonts change sizes and reference locations. The font changes are a little at a time but after 3 or 4 saves and reopens its noticeable. My bosses want to switch to DWG format for all drawing so they can be read and printed by our sales people with a free reader. With the problem I am having that could end up being a mess after a while.

Someone at IMSI told me that V16 may not have this problem. Can someone test this for me and advise. Make a box and put some text in it so the text fills the box completely. Then set the page settings for something other than the default Architectural and standard units. Save the file to DWG, close it, open it, save it, close it, and repeat several times. If the page settings stay as set and the text does not grow outside the box then I will be upgrading. If not... well I don't know what to do if not. By the way this is all in a layout page.

I appreciate anything someone can do for me. This has been very frustrating.

* August 11, 2009, 02:39:48 PM
Hello, I did what you proposed, but didn't notice any change upon saving and reopening.
The proportion of text vs box was not altered.

I am running TurboCAD V14 pro, and tried saving both in AutoCAD 2000 and 2007/2008 ; no difference.
Check the enclosed DWG and see how it looks in AutoCAD.

2 suggestions :

a) IMSI used to provide a free TCW reader ; I don't know if it is still there at V16 era, may be someone knows.
b) If all your sales people need is to read and print your drawings, why not export then as PDF ?? There are many free or inexpensive PDF printer available nowadays (search the forum for opinions on the best one with TurboCAD).

Bruno

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

* August 11, 2009, 03:10:34 PM
Bruno,

Thank you for testing this for me. How many times did you save and reopen the file?

The TurboCAD reader program is no longer offered according to IMSI.

I thought about the PDF option myself and I have a great program called Docuprinter that does the job flawlessly. It just involves an additional step for every drawing and if forgotten to do would be an issue to my bosses. Especially on revisions to drawings.

Also, did the page settings remain the same as what you set them for? That is the biggest problem for me as the user of TurboCAD. Having to set all the page setups back to what they were originally is a pain.

* August 12, 2009, 02:50:03 PM
Just to let anyone know that comes across this post. I updated to version 16 and the font problem disappeared. However the page setups still reset to default settings when files saved as DWG are reopened.