TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

What's in a Name
Read 1094 times
January 08, 2012, 11:16:33 AM
I wonder if those regular participants that use alias for their user names would mind putting their real names in their signature. Even a first name and last initial would help. Call me old fashioned but I find it hard not knowing who I am responding to. Sometimes I don't even feel like responding to those without real names. How can we come to know each other in this community if we don't even know your name? If you don't know how to create a signature or don't want to, you could always sign the post.

Thanks.
Don C.

* January 08, 2012, 01:18:41 PM
I am with you on this one, Don. Personal names would be much better.
Bob

Robert Burgess. Using Platinum 21 - Windows 7
Australia

* January 09, 2012, 07:08:13 AM
Don, I guess some of us never thought of it being so inpersonal. But I do agree with you. I have use lefthander ever since I got on the forum. You will see that I have change mine and added my signature. Thanks again for all of your help through the years. Carroll P

Carroll D. Peppersack
TurboCad 14.2 Deluxe
TurboCad 20 Plat

January 09, 2012, 10:05:27 AM
Thanks Bob, Thanks Carroll and to whoever may have gone ahead and made the change to their signature.

That just feels so much more personal!

January 12, 2012, 09:07:41 AM
I think the problem often is that the system won't let you use your actual name as someone else has already used that name. Hence my use of Nickam which is the one it accepted after many tries. But I totally agree, which is why I added my actual name to the signature some time ago. Also it's handy sometimes knowing what part of the world people are from!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:09:27 AM by Nickam »

Nick
(United Kingdom)
TurboCAD 20 Pro Platinum.
Windows 7 64 bit.

January 15, 2012, 01:03:15 PM
I prefer the personal touch too Don, but I imagine some folks do not want their name to become too "searchable".

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1