TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Turbocad 14 Deluxe installs but refuses to save files
Read 1820 times
* August 11, 2009, 08:28:48 AM
Hi all -

I've just taken delivery (from amazon) of Turbocad 14 deluxe.

I'm running Vista on a 10-month-old Acer twin processor machine which works quite well.

Turbocad 14 starts, and allows me to draw, but I get an "unknown error" when trying to save a file.  I have left the software 100% with default settings.

I chose the "typical" install option.

There are two Turbocad 14 updates on the turbocad.com web site, and Vista refuses, without explanation, to install either patch.

Suggestions much appreciated.  Please email me directly at:

ewraven1@sympatico.ca

Many thanks,

Eleanor White
Elliot Lake, Ontario
Canada

* August 11, 2009, 09:09:45 AM
Hi.

This is one of 2 issues.
We have discovered there is a problem running TurboCAD on Acer laptops that have Acer Edata Security installed on them.  To run TurboCAD properly you will need to remove Acer Edata Security from your computer, then re-install TurboCAD.

http://turbotech.wordpress.com/2008/09/29/save-as-causes-crash-in-turbocad/

You might also look at this page or all any other Vista related issues.

http://turbotech.wordpress.com/category/vista/

* August 11, 2009, 10:16:21 AM
Thank you, Dave.  This is not a laptop, it's an Acer "Aspire M1200" twin processor tower style unit.

Vista came with "Defender" and "Firewall" which I run, since they are the components Microsoft tested Vista with.

The Acer menu, under the Programs list, does have an "eData Security Management" feature but it is not installed.

Eleanor White

* August 11, 2009, 10:51:05 AM
According to my guys in support this is with all ACERs not just laptops.
If it is on the programs list then i think it's installled.  Can you tell my why you think otherwise?

* August 11, 2009, 11:20:04 AM
I clicked on it from within the "Programs" menu, and it offered me the chance to install it.

I cancelled, of course.

Eleanor White

* August 11, 2009, 11:25:43 AM
So are you now able to Save?

* August 11, 2009, 12:48:37 PM
Thank you Dave.  Yes indeed - it was a struggle to get the PC to allow me to remove the eData security program but eventually I succeeded and now Turbocad does save and load files.

I'm not sure what's happening now ... the hard drive is extremely busy ... but the applications seem to work.

Eleanor White