TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

invalid path message in 15.2
Read 1500 times
* August 11, 2009, 12:54:24 AM
I have tried to save a drawing of a room with walls, windows and doors, containing a wardrobe made with lines and blocks, and get the message, C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Turbocad 15\Drawings\dolores wardrobe\dolores wardrobe\TCW contains an invalid path. There are no strange/complicated objects in the drawing, which is of a type I have done many times. The only slightly odd thing I have done is to rotate the floorplan slightly(the room is not square, and I wanted the angled wall to be square to the grid). I have gone back through the drawing one step at a time, trying to save at every step, and it won't save even with a blank page. I am using TC 15.2 on a machine with plenty of capacity.Should I just give up and start again?P.S. the attached drawing is not the one with the problem, but an earlier version- I can't attach the real thing, as I can't save it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

* August 11, 2009, 01:43:51 AM
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Turbocad 15\Drawings\dolores wardrobe\dolores wardrobe\TCW

What is the name of the drawing? Should it be "dolores wardrobe.tcw"? If so, you should be able to rename it in Explorer and then open it in TCad.

Henry H

* August 11, 2009, 02:13:19 AM
Hi, the drawing is named dolores wardrobe.TCW, and this is what appears in the left-hand column when I choose file-open. By explorer, do you mean internet explorer?
Thanks. Pete

* August 11, 2009, 02:17:27 AM
I would think he means Windows Explorer

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* August 11, 2009, 04:41:51 AM
Thanks for your help, I have solved it another way, by saving the file as wardrobe 2, and then deleting the original. the new one seems OK.