TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Style manager
Read 1400 times
* August 10, 2009, 06:22:41 PM
I have just updated from Turbocad 14 to version 16 (professional) The window and door styles in v14 are no linger available in V16. I have been told I must create new styles in Style Manager. The instructions in the manual for V16 does not explain how to create styles. ie. in DESIGN the only style available is DOUBLE DOOR and I am unable to type anything else in that window. Can you please tell me how to create new doors and windows or how to transfer the files from v14 into v16 for windows and doors.
Your help will be most appreciated.
Ralph

* August 11, 2009, 09:11:31 AM
Well, V16 Pro has 4 Editions; the Basic and Mechanical editions come with 2 Door/Window "Types" each, while the Architectural and Platinum editions has everything (20±?). If you click on the Double Door value, it should show you a list of door types; either Single and Double-Dhung or a whole series of doors (depending on your edition).

When you have the "Standard" style selected in Door Styles, you should be able to click on a "New" icon to create a new style.

You can open your V14 files in V16, but I would recommend doing this with "copies" of those V14 files until you've become accustomed to V16.

Are you using "New From Scratch" for a new drawing or a Template? Looking at the Architectural Template in Deluxe, I noticed that it comes with a Double door in one of the supplied styles, while that style is not one of the defaults. A little present for customers.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

August 11, 2009, 09:23:17 AM
This movie was made for v15 but everything should apply to v16 as well.

http://downloads.imsidesign.com/Flash/door-styles/door-styles.html

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC