TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Very New to TC18
Read 913 times
* December 15, 2011, 12:47:55 PM
I imported a 3d dwg file that I made in another Program and it imported fine,  but I have couple of questions though.  Remember I have only spend 1 hour with TC18 so far but just need some direction on the couple issue to start.

1.) The website says:
New Architectural Format of Objects and Dimensions Now architectural formatting of objects and dimensions have been enhanced with a new option to display dimensions in fractional feet and inches.

How do I get dimensions to show up in feet and inches, ie 45'-9"

2.) the model is very large, full size, and I can't read the dimensions when I dimension in the Model tab, I tried changing the scale of the model under drawing setup, space units, but that didn't seem to help, how can I get text & dimensions large enough that they can be read when printed.

I think this program will do what I want just have to spend more time with it, but I want to get these couple issues out of the way.

Thank you

* December 15, 2011, 02:29:54 PM
How do I get dimensions to show up in feet and inches, ie 45'-9"

Activate a dimension tool; click the "Properties" icon on the Inspector Bar; go to the Units/Tolerance page; set Format to "Architectural."

how can I get text & dimensions large enough that they can be read when printed.

In the same Properties dialog, go to the Format page and set Dimension Size Scale to the appropriate value. (Try 10 for starters and be prepared to adjust it after seeing the result.) Note that this parameter changes only the size of the arrowheads and the text, not the value of the dimension.

Henry H

* December 15, 2011, 03:39:29 PM
Thanks for the help, tried lots of things last night and never got it.  I think once I actually purchase TC and maybe find a book or videos on it it will suit all my home needs.

Here is a snap shot of the thing i drew in my 3d software at work and imported in, had to set the dimensions to 20 to see them well enough.  Now just have to see how to create different views and drawings.

Thanks for the help
you guys are either gonna love me or hate me on here, love me because the questions will be easy, hate me because there might be so many of them.  ;D

* December 16, 2011, 01:39:52 AM
re: …Now just have to see how to create different views and drawings.

See 3D Views in the Wiki or Help.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit