TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

BASICs
Read 2219 times
* August 09, 2009, 10:53:40 PM
Hello
I am very new to turbo cad.Would like to ask for help.

I am trying to compose few scaled (1/4"=1") electrical details.Which will be saved into pdf.file.
Then I would like to take all details and transfer into one single page for example 24" X 36"for printing.
Problem I have is do I need to work in a "model"mode or a "page" mode.
Is there a way to set a model page,where after staring program X and Y position will be set to 0 ? or at least if I can have a 0 mark in the center of
the screen?
After I crate something in "model" mode I cant find it in a page mode.

Thank you for any inputs or guidance

* August 09, 2009, 11:10:50 PM
As a general rule, always draw in Model Space and print from Paper Space.
Although this thread http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,360.0.html is about printing to a particular scale,  the 6th post contains a tutorial about setting up and printing from paper space. You might find it useful.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* August 09, 2009, 11:28:42 PM
Thank you Gary

* August 10, 2009, 10:27:50 AM
Problem I have is do I need to work in a "model"mode or a "page" mode.

I'd recommend working in Model Space ("model" mode).

Is there a way to set a model page,where after staring program X and Y position will be set to 0 ? or at least if I can have a 0 mark in the center of
the screen?

Open the Options menu; click "Preference"; place a check in the Show user CS block; click OK. The X, Y, and Z axes of your current Workplane will be displayed on the screen; the point where these axes intersect is the Origin (where x=0, y=0, z=0).

After I crate something in "model" mode I cant find it in a page mode.

When you draw in Model Space, then Paper Space ("page mode") merely provides a way of looking at specific views of the things you have drawn. You must create one or more specific views in Model Space, then go to Paper Space and create a Viewport for each of these views. To create a view, open the View menu and choose "Create view." To insert a Viewport, go to Paper Space, then open the Insert menu and choose "Viewport." See the Help file for more details.

Henry H

* August 10, 2009, 11:13:16 AM
Thank you Henry

* August 10, 2009, 02:08:00 PM
Thank you Henry

You're most welcome.

Henry H