TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

cafe racer
Read 1377 times
December 01, 2011, 08:00:02 AM
Hi  this is my first posting on the gallery and after seeing some of the latest drawings , did not now if my doodle was worth posting .
I’m self tort and I’m still trying  to work out how to get the back ground’s right  to work in a setting to go with the drawing , as like  ground and a back drop,
Do you do it as two layers? .

Arundel

Lenovo  Enhanced Experience 2.0
intel i5 2500
Windows 7pro
8g ram
Tc 2016 deluxe

* December 01, 2011, 12:27:08 PM
A pretty good start you have there! Maybe you could draw up my Ducati someday. ;D Self taught is well taught if you ask me.

It is not absolutely necessary to have two or more layers, it just makes organizing all the various objects easier. Just be sure Layer 0 is always visible (the eye icon is showing). Also, if you save your render as a jpeg or png file, you can attach it here on the forum and it will be visible in your post. For me, anyhow, i have to download a pdf to view it.

T

December 01, 2011, 07:43:52 PM
Here's a screen shot of Arundel's Doodle Cafe Racer for others' benefit.

Gaz

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

December 01, 2011, 08:48:11 PM
That looks like a fun project Arundel. Is it modeled after your own bike?

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

December 02, 2011, 12:40:19 PM
Very nice CAD man.  I too struggle with backgrounds so don't feel like it is just you.  They are tricky to understand and get right.

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* December 03, 2011, 04:03:47 AM
Nice work Arundel!

December 06, 2011, 02:07:59 AM
Hi
Thanks for the comments , and thank you Gaz for the conversion , was not shore of the best Format to post  in.
No it’s not my bike it was done of the top of my head as a learning tool as I mainly am self taught , as my work is not that detailed  although I try to do it in 3D

Arundel

Lenovo  Enhanced Experience 2.0
intel i5 2500
Windows 7pro
8g ram
Tc 2016 deluxe

December 09, 2011, 07:14:18 AM
Looks like a huge amount of effort went into creating your model.

I created a motor cycle at one time when I was in my early learning stages and remember just how much work it was. I remember too that TC had trouble rendering it. I tried rendering it a couple versions back and with a more powerful computer and found it rendered much easier. It is good that the technology keep getting better.

I am looking forward to seeing what else you come up with down the road.