TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Lack of posts
Read 3562 times
November 05, 2011, 11:40:08 AM
Well for a while I was posting pics & videos of my CNC projects here on the forum. I can no longer do that as I was in violation of a company policy on picture taking in the plant. From now on all I will be able to show will be screen shots. Which sucks, as I have completed a few notworthy builds as of late. I will do some screen shots & 3D renders from my parts when I get a chance.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

November 05, 2011, 05:55:33 PM
Renders and screen shots will be good. They can still help others get ideas.

Engineering 30 plus years

November 05, 2011, 08:28:24 PM
I know the feeling I have been restricted by my customers policies as well, even though I design most of the components to solve their problem especially when I do all the grey matter  work

Gee dad.......... what could go wrong ( see Pic)

* March 06, 2012, 09:28:06 AM
Well for a while I was posting pics & videos of my CNC projects here on the forum. I can no longer do that as I was in violation of a company policy on picture taking in the plant. From now on all I will be able to show will be screen shots. Which sucks, as I have completed a few notworthy builds as of late. I will do some screen shots & 3D renders from my parts when I get a chance.
I don't take pictures of individual parts but more or less workers in the shop processing work.I got caught up in the same situation after while I just stop doing it at all.Lost interest in it.I know it don't have any contribution to the thread but sharing my experience with a similar case.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:08:14 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

March 06, 2012, 12:01:37 PM
I dont post as often as I would like. But what do you know. I have a project I am almost finished with. I cant post actual pics, but I will upload some renderings & screen shots. I had to use a different cam program for part of my project, which required some 3D machining. Stay tuned in the CAM gallery.

TurboCAD user since v3

March 06, 2012, 10:07:59 PM
mr martin

i'm making plastic/wax to make blocks.

going to just make wax ones first.

going to use blocks to test router bits.

hope that makes you feel better! :)

can attach CAM files too!

Have A Nice Day!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:10:31 PM by mechanical designer »

Turbocad Deluxe 16

March 07, 2012, 06:14:08 AM
I just feel if more of the CAM users posted stuff here in the gallery, & discussed neede upgrades, it may be easier to get changes made to the plug-in.

TurboCAD user since v3

May 07, 2012, 01:06:55 PM
Hi Kmartin,
I am a newbie to posts and forum, so forgive any quirks,
I cut many parts on cnc mill.
From Aluminium/stainless blocks to vari-pitch helical feed worms.
I use excel to generate code, export to text file, load in Mach 3 and cut.
Is the cam plug in a big time saver, or does it require a lot of tweaks before you can cut material?

Thanks if you can help, tempted to buy plug in, but only if justifiable.

cheers
Peter

September 11, 2012, 07:15:39 AM
Hi Kmartin,
I am a newbie to posts and forum, so forgive any quirks,
I cut many parts on cnc mill.
From Aluminium/stainless blocks to vari-pitch helical feed worms.
I use excel to generate code, export to text file, load in Mach 3 and cut.
Is the cam plug in a big time saver, or does it require a lot of tweaks before you can cut material?

Thanks if you can help, tempted to buy plug in, but only if justifiable.

cheers
Peter

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, the plugin is a time saver. Once I tweaked my post processor, All I do now is draw, program, load into Mach3 & cut.

TurboCAD user since v3