TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Help file gone off topic and off my pc.
Read 2398 times
* October 31, 2011, 01:44:55 AM
OK, searched for this as I cannot believe I am the only one.  I appear to have no help file for v18 anywhere, if you know the location (which is probably NOT in the program anywhere) I would be appreciative of a pointed finger.

I have reinstalled several times and I get error reports each time I try to open help.  Sorry I am just losing patience with this thing.

* October 31, 2011, 03:49:33 AM
OK, searched for this as I cannot believe I am the only one.  I appear to have no help file for v18 anywhere, if you know the location (which is probably NOT in the program anywhere) I would be appreciative of a pointed finger.I have reinstalled several times and I get error reports each time I try to open help.  Sorry I am just losing patience with this thing.
If using W7 invoke the start button below in the Search box at the bottom load tcw18 if windows locates its on your machine.If you have Reader 9 it will work and may have come to the point it won't work in Reader X and no longer able to open from TC but still viewable in Reader X.Of course this could be a possibility but I didn't experience this in the trial version.Also could reload Acrobat Reader 9 back on your machine if it not loaded already.What happen when F1 is activated

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,5960.0.html

http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* October 31, 2011, 08:16:36 AM
It may have set the wrong program to respond to PDF's -- cause that's what it should bring up is the manual...

Get the Reader 10 (X) from Adobe and install it. The check the file associations.

As I posted for another fellow re TCW files...

In Control Panel...

Default Programs -- Set Associations...

It may take a while to review all the file extensions on your computer...

It should let you make the change painlessly...

The you can make sure the right program is being called for each file type -- use with the usual caution...

WillR
SW:TC 21 Pro Platinum, FM15, 20 Pro Platinum 64 Bit, also V 19.1 64Bit & 32 bit 17.2 and 18.1; Furniture Maker 14 and 10. HW: Vista 64 Ultimate, AMD 1090 (6 core) 8GB memory Plus also an AMD  8 core systemFX

* October 31, 2011, 08:58:07 AM
Adobe reader 9.4 is associated with pdf and no go.  I think a corrupt or missing help file is the culprit but despite reinstalls and getting a big fat zero.

* October 31, 2011, 12:48:26 PM
Mike:

Go here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TCWP18\Program

and look for*.pdf, *.chm and *.hlp files... (use the search box in the upper right of the file explorer)

I have a CAD folder on my desktop into which I have placed links for these files

You can also look for *.htm files and sort the resulting list...

That will show you the internal browser pages with Help files.

When I click the help Menu and then choose TurboCad help topics, I get the TurboCad web page -- which is quite useful actually.

But, yes I saw that problem before I did the upgrade -- then forgot about it...

Firefox is my Native browser -- should that have anything to do with it.

TC17.2 is configured in a similar fashion.

WillR
SW:TC 21 Pro Platinum, FM15, 20 Pro Platinum 64 Bit, also V 19.1 64Bit & 32 bit 17.2 and 18.1; Furniture Maker 14 and 10. HW: Vista 64 Ultimate, AMD 1090 (6 core) 8GB memory Plus also an AMD  8 core systemFX

* October 31, 2011, 03:13:47 PM
Mike

it is possible that it may not be a Tc issue rather but a Adobe Reader X issue if some research is done in Adobe Reader X forums there are mixture of opinions such as bugs,functionally in some commands not performing.I also found that in some posting that two versions level can't cohabitant from some end users.I tried to load 9.4 while having 10.1.1 installed and refuse to allow to installation..another option is uninstall both and do new installation if there on your machine and just use the 9.4 Version.I don't know if Foxit would work as a substitution but may be worth exploring.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:36:52 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

* October 31, 2011, 10:04:55 PM
As WillR mentioned, you can go to the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TCWP18\Program" and look for "tcw18.pdf".

Another way to access the file is through Windows "Start". Go to "IMSIDesign TurboCAD Professional 18" and select "TurboCAD Professional 18 Help".

If neither of those work, try the TurboCAD 18 Users Guide, their On-line Help. There should be a choice for this in the "Options / General" page.

Lastly, the Wiki.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* November 01, 2011, 02:08:37 AM
Thanks John, I should have just gone for the on-line facilities straight away, I was just hoping the TCad in program help could be made to function, the lightworks help works fine.

* November 04, 2011, 06:22:56 PM
Been experimenting with Foxit Pdf reader and I must say it works quite well with Tc.For those who have problems with Acrobat Reader X could be alternative. It launches from the F1 key how ever may be in some cases context tool seems to be useless.