TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

<delete> keystroke has no effect in a drawing - not a keyboard problem
Read 1344 times
November 03, 2011, 09:31:05 PM
Odd thing.  Delete key won't delete a selected object, although the command works fine if I'm editing text in a properties dialog.  Sometimes it comes back if I restart TCAD, sometimes I have to reboot the system, tonight, nothing worked.  I can make a "junk" layer and put everything unwanted there, then delete *that* in the layers dialog, but that's kinda annoying. 

Also, tonight, <esc> will no longer deselect a selected item.  I have to switch to editing cursor, then back again.  Gefloogely!

Both keys work fine in other programs,  and even like I said, in text editing inside TCAD.  Still using v17.2 under XP, haven't made any other software or system changes.  Any ideas?

Thanks.
Steve

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

* November 04, 2011, 04:04:18 AM
It sounds like your config file is corrupt. If you have a custom one saved, reload it and see if that helps. If not, you can load one of the config files that comes with TC, and see if that cures the problem.

If it's not the above, then it could be the ini file has become corrupt. Again, if you have a custom one saved somewhere, replace the existing one with the saved one, and see if that helps.

If it's neither of the above... your guess is as good as mine.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64