TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

TC Database V18.0 Issues with Data saving.
Read 1482 times
* November 03, 2011, 02:45:24 PM
Is anyone else having an issue with TC V18 internal database. The problem im having is this. In new or even older files the edit object data (which in my files are custom feilds) is not saving. Updating or new data within existing fields or new fields with new data in are not saving. Any one else having issues with this?

Any help or ideas or notes would be most appreciated.

Tony Haswell
CAD Solutions
New Zealand

* November 03, 2011, 03:22:43 PM
Any reason you would not update to 18.1 and 18.2 and test each of those? It sounds like a quick test.

I am using FM10 which does use the internal DB -- don't see any lost data yet -- or maybe I have re-genned the data... ???

WillR
SW:TC 21 Pro Platinum, FM15, 20 Pro Platinum 64 Bit, also V 19.1 64Bit & 32 bit 17.2 and 18.1; Furniture Maker 14 and 10. HW: Vista 64 Ultimate, AMD 1090 (6 core) 8GB memory Plus also an AMD  8 core systemFX

* November 05, 2011, 01:34:39 AM
yes I am also having issues with databases in V18 I have updated to 18.2 the issues are still there.
My problems are when I try to extract data - It works fine in version 17 but wont work in 18.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* November 05, 2011, 07:20:41 AM
Maybe someone could post an example and instructions for verification -- then the problem coucd be submitted to support.

This looks like it would break a lot of plug-ins and add-ons in some way.

WillR
SW:TC 21 Pro Platinum, FM15, 20 Pro Platinum 64 Bit, also V 19.1 64Bit & 32 bit 17.2 and 18.1; Furniture Maker 14 and 10. HW: Vista 64 Ultimate, AMD 1090 (6 core) 8GB memory Plus also an AMD  8 core systemFX

* November 06, 2011, 01:32:27 AM
I did that and sent a ticket to support six months ago. I am still waiting for them to get back to me.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

November 07, 2011, 10:45:11 AM
Let me look into this...

Nikki - I tested using the test.tcw file that you posted via out support ticket system. In 18.2 I did not have any trouble extracting the door data or retaining the report.
I did have to choose the custom data (as opposed to the 2d/3d block) when creating my report.  I will email you back the drawing in 18.2.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:25:22 AM by Dave Taylor »

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* November 09, 2011, 09:44:40 PM
Thank You for testing it
It works a couple of times now and then something happens and it stops working.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

November 11, 2011, 05:23:38 PM
I recieved this message from Nikki and am posting it to pass the knowledge and to see whether anybody else is experiencing this problem.

The message reads -
I am still not able to consistently extract custom data from blocks or groups (in summary mode) It works when I first start a drawing. Then as soon as the drawing gets a bit more complicated it stops working.

I am not sure what you mean by custom data as opposed to 2/3d blocks.
DT - I mean that if you look at the selection info palette with this item selected it is called a 2D/3D block (see attachement)  I am using the reporting to generate my tables and I did find that if I do add the D25 door and re-run the report the quantity is not updated..I will continue to test.

With the door schedule I was using custom settings because openings are inserted into drawings as groups as opposed to block. I use openings for doors because of the 3d view and plan relatively few doors in comparisaon to windows and I dont need to have that many predifined blocks in my template file. I use blocks for windows because there are so many windows and its easier to load them from the library file only when I need them.

Etracting data from blocks wasnt an issue in seventeen and this sytem works for me as I have set it all up I dont really want to change the way I work.

I have been able to extract data from blocks with attributes when I first start a drawing (in 18.2) but as soon as the drawing gets complicated it stops working.
So if I place the blocks then immediately create a report it works fine but as soon as  I add a roof or a slab or more walls it cant find the same data that it found just before. Then if I add more blocks and try to do a report it will find the new blocks but it wont see the old ones - even though they are still there.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:32:34 PM by Dave Taylor »

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager