TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Slice
Read 2238 times
* August 04, 2009, 04:58:29 PM
I need a 2d tool that works like 3d Slice.

Can't find one , I need to slice rectangles in 2 d to a line and use the piece left over to start another row  , like on a gable siding job.

* August 04, 2009, 07:01:53 PM
TCad doesn't have such a tool. Easiest workaround, IMO, would be to trace two new rectangles, each new one drawn by vertex-snapping to a corner of the existing rectangle and then intersection-snapping to the point where  the line crosses one side of the existing rectangle. See attached screenshot.

Henry H

[attachment deleted by admin]

* August 05, 2009, 12:36:20 AM
re: I need to slice rectangles in 2D, to a line, then use the piece left over to start another row.

It sounds like you want the "Modify / Split" tool using the Intersection snap. It will split the rectangle where the line intersects it.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* August 05, 2009, 09:18:43 AM
re: I need to slice rectangles in 2D, to a line, then use the piece left over to start another row.

It sounds like you want the "Modify / Split" tool using the Intersection snap. It will split the rectangle where the line intersects it.

Pretty sure that tool only splits one side of the rectangle. You'd have to use it twice, once for each side that intersects the cutting line, and then you'd have to close off the open end of each chopped-off rectangle.

Henry H

* August 13, 2009, 09:21:59 AM
Thanks guys, I need both pieces.

Ivey