TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Problem with MS Excel in TC
Read 1509 times
* August 04, 2009, 01:50:03 PM

I have been trying all different means of copying data from an Excel 2007 Worksheet in to TC, and nothing seems to be working, any help will be appreciated

If I copy a small section of the Excel Worksheet and either ctrl-v or Edit/Paste I receive the following 2 errors and TC quits

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Tcw16.exe
  Application Version:   16.1.47.5
  Application Timestamp:   4a439e24
  Fault Module Name:   ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.0.6001.18000

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Tcw16.exe
  Application Version:   16.1.47.5
  Application Timestamp:   4a439e24
  Fault Module Name:   kernel32.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.0.6001.18215

If I try to Insert/Object/Microsoft Excel Worksheet, it allows it, but when I try to adjust the size of the window while Excel is still open within TC, it does not paste into the model space as I have it laid out, I’ll have it set to about  15”x 23” and it always reverts to about 9.5” sq box cutting off what ever does not fit in.   I have tried adjusting size (by SizeX, SizeY) and it just make everything larger but doesn’t fit more data in
Also if I Edit/Paste Special – Bitmap or Picture (Metafile)  I get the same 9.5 sq size output which does not contain everything I have selected.
I figure I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. 

Thanks
RussellB

TC Pro 16.1 b 47.5
Vista 64 Ult  4gb
MS Excel 2007

* August 04, 2009, 11:09:39 PM
This is a Windows problem. I believe this even happens in AC. You can only insert a certain amount of the worksheet. You might be better off making screen shots of the worksheet and placing (embedding?) those in the drawing. If cropped well, they could look like one sheet.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* August 07, 2009, 10:19:00 AM
John,

Thanks for the info,  I was able to paste it all into Corel, then save it off as a .bmp then bring the image into TC one shot, as a side note, was also able to bring the text into TC via ctrl-v while editing Multi-Line txt, down side is that it only seems to work well one column at a time, otherwise the worksheet cell formating is lost.

Cheers,
RussellB