TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

G code Generation times
Read 3790 times
September 24, 2011, 03:35:41 AM
How long do most users of TCC experience with codes 2000 lines and above in the palettes on the bottom right of the screen
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:26:07 AM by Pakman »

Gee dad.......... what could go wrong ( see Pic)

September 24, 2011, 04:59:19 AM
Personally, I have never had a program that size. I have been using TCC since v15 & I have logged over 300 programs.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

September 24, 2011, 06:27:44 AM
I am using the cam package on a machining center for making plastic injection moulds requiring cuts of .3mm to depths of 25mm to one hundred mm
for fine detail I am only new to G code and cam packages, How new is a bit embarrassing but am familiar with loops variables  and subprograms What I am trying to figure is whether TCC is normaly this slow porting to the palette screen or is my PC the issue I can save the G code to a PMICA in brisk fashion but if I make the mistake of depressing the G code button while "part" is hi lighted  time to make a cup of coffee

Thanks for the reply

September 24, 2011, 08:21:30 AM
If you start your part with the Setup Wizard, then do not choose to "Create 3D Model" that will speed things up considerably.

TurboCAD user since v3

September 24, 2011, 09:14:10 AM
Will give it a try To give you an example I down loaded ShockAbsorber13mm from the forum and it took 9 minutes to generate the code on the laptop and during that time if I try to click any where on the screen I get a (Not responding) next to the Turbo cad 17.2 Pro title  Iam running is a centrio Duo 2gig ram 512 MB navida grafics Vista 32 bit shes no race horse but she aint no donkey either. Would this be what I should expect. I have only seen two other cam packages both very topend $20,000 and over. I received TCC through an upgrade offer from V15 And thought what the hell. After I changed the P/Processes in the CNC setup no problem with the code ,machines to within .001mm just one instance with a ZigZag breaking the part boundary by .15mm and on closer inspection the fault was visible on the 3d rendering  I like TCC just getting to know her Quirks is the hard part

Thanks Again

September 24, 2011, 12:03:29 PM
Yeah, that is the software building the solid model to view. Just disable that & everything should be alot quicker.

TurboCAD user since v3

September 24, 2011, 06:19:21 PM
Thanks for the advice it has made easier to work with. I know I will have to go full 3D to do the work I want to do but, you have to start some where Its a great learning tool that I get to earn a dollar at the same time

September 24, 2011, 07:31:23 PM
Well, the 3D has nothing to do with your CAM work. It is just a visual representation of your part. Glad to be of help.

TurboCAD user since v3