TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

G code Generation times
Read 3692 times
September 24, 2011, 03:35:41 AM
How long do most users of TCC experience with codes 2000 lines and above in the palettes on the bottom right of the screen
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:26:07 AM by Pakman »

Gee dad.......... what could go wrong ( see Pic)

September 24, 2011, 04:59:19 AM
Personally, I have never had a program that size. I have been using TCC since v15 & I have logged over 300 programs.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

September 24, 2011, 06:27:44 AM
I am using the cam package on a machining center for making plastic injection moulds requiring cuts of .3mm to depths of 25mm to one hundred mm
for fine detail I am only new to G code and cam packages, How new is a bit embarrassing but am familiar with loops variables  and subprograms What I am trying to figure is whether TCC is normaly this slow porting to the palette screen or is my PC the issue I can save the G code to a PMICA in brisk fashion but if I make the mistake of depressing the G code button while "part" is hi lighted  time to make a cup of coffee

Thanks for the reply

September 24, 2011, 08:21:30 AM
If you start your part with the Setup Wizard, then do not choose to "Create 3D Model" that will speed things up considerably.

TurboCAD user since v3

September 24, 2011, 09:14:10 AM
Will give it a try To give you an example I down loaded ShockAbsorber13mm from the forum and it took 9 minutes to generate the code on the laptop and during that time if I try to click any where on the screen I get a (Not responding) next to the Turbo cad 17.2 Pro title  Iam running is a centrio Duo 2gig ram 512 MB navida grafics Vista 32 bit shes no race horse but she aint no donkey either. Would this be what I should expect. I have only seen two other cam packages both very topend $20,000 and over. I received TCC through an upgrade offer from V15 And thought what the hell. After I changed the P/Processes in the CNC setup no problem with the code ,machines to within .001mm just one instance with a ZigZag breaking the part boundary by .15mm and on closer inspection the fault was visible on the 3d rendering  I like TCC just getting to know her Quirks is the hard part

Thanks Again

September 24, 2011, 12:03:29 PM
Yeah, that is the software building the solid model to view. Just disable that & everything should be alot quicker.

TurboCAD user since v3

September 24, 2011, 06:19:21 PM
Thanks for the advice it has made easier to work with. I know I will have to go full 3D to do the work I want to do but, you have to start some where Its a great learning tool that I get to earn a dollar at the same time

September 24, 2011, 07:31:23 PM
Well, the 3D has nothing to do with your CAM work. It is just a visual representation of your part. Glad to be of help.

TurboCAD user since v3