TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

cam simulation
Read 3399 times
* September 12, 2011, 03:30:11 PM
Can anyone tell me how to view the simulation of all tool paths in a job. I want to view the entire job and see what happens to the tool on completion of each process. I have a Multicam machine that has been adapted to machine aluminum extrusion. I have clamps that run in the "Y" axis and they are about 80mm above the job. For any particular extrusion I have about 20 sections running across the bed and they are all machined the same,
therefore if I drill 20 holes in the "y" axis and end the process at the 20th hole and commence a new process 400mm or so further down in the "X" axis with another 20 holes running back. Will the tool?
1. Lift up to the rapid top before proceeding to the next process (It shows this in the drawing if configured this way, that is why i would like to see a simulation of sequential processes)
2. Proceed to the next process in the sequence at Clear "Z" plane given there was no tool change necessary. ( I understand that if a tool change was required it would of course lift all the way up and change before commencing the next process but given no change necessary does the program shortcut this lift to rapid "Z")

The multicam is not represented in the machine set up so what would I select in the machine setup? (its an ??? A2MC controller)

* September 12, 2011, 05:57:36 PM
Are you using Turbocad Cad Cam?

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

September 12, 2011, 06:07:04 PM
If you are using Turbocad cam I hope my picture helps you some. I know it not everything your asking for. The post processor if not listed make you own. Edit you G-Code to work in you controller. I work with Onsrud, cncMasters, Mach3 and I like using note pad as my editor.

Engineering 30 plus years

* September 15, 2011, 05:50:05 PM
Yes, Im using TurboCAD CAM

* September 15, 2011, 06:00:29 PM
Thanks Glentha. In reference to your drawing the simulator will only simulate the tool path for Textmilling 2 as you have circled and then stop. It wont continue on to textmilling 3. Is this correct because thats how it would perform on mine and thats what i want it to do. I would want it to simulate all the textmilling operatjions you have in your drawing in one simulation so I can see what the tool will do between Textmilling 2 and textmilling3. Although the toolpath clearly shows a return to rapid top after completing a process, will it actually do this or will it shortcut this position given the next process is using the same tool?

p.s. I should have mentioned that I cannot simply try this on the machine to see for myself as my controller is away at the moment being upgraded to the A2MC

September 16, 2011, 06:43:35 AM
You can only simulate one operation. As of now, there are no provisions to string together operations in the simulation process.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

September 24, 2011, 12:06:44 PM
Download this demo. It works pretty well. http://www.grzsoftware.com/cutviewer.php

BTW, I have passed on a suggestion in the Beta forum for similar functionality.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||