TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Vase,Pots Collection
Read 2210 times
* August 23, 2011, 09:38:19 PM
Hey guys was doing a little HDRI and this what came up few pots,vase

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

August 23, 2011, 09:59:32 PM
Those look fantastic wd. Nice work.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

August 24, 2011, 04:55:32 AM
A lovely pearl-like sheen.  Nice finish.

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

* August 24, 2011, 06:48:24 AM
Spot on WD, a perfect composition also.

August 24, 2011, 07:47:12 AM
A terrific collection W.D. and a very nice finish on them.

* August 24, 2011, 09:42:57 AM
Hello WD, when you say HDRI, do you mean environment or is the model wrapped with a HDR image?. Reason for asking the question, a week or two ago I noticed that the image wraps can use HDR and  EXR file types as well as the normal image formats. Do HDR image wraps pick up lighting better?.

* August 24, 2011, 11:32:23 AM
Gorgeous materials.

Henry H

* August 24, 2011, 01:11:20 PM
Thanks Guys for looking it over  :)

Hi Michael

Thanks for your interest in my collection I set as Environment with hdr. file and modify the settings. There is wrap but not with an hdr. file. I used one Point,Ambient,Directional light and material that I created from the Material Palette if look in the white colored pot image you’ll see a slight trace of a building windows in other larger dark blue you’ll see a refection also.

My goal was not to over power the image with the hdr. file but leave small trace enough for sheen to a glossed look. My objective with this project was to go for a Porcelain look when I first design it found the dull look was unimpressive. As for lights using a few less lights allows me to render faster. The gold color rings are wrapped also .I was going to make rope shaped rings but thought to myself it probably consume to much CPU usage and lag in the render mode so I abandoned that thought.  

The one thing I forgot to do was apply Radoisity so this was render is with Full rendering capability. I did set the ACIS with a custom setting avoiding any flat line Facets. They are solids. With regards to your question Do HDR image wraps pick up lighting better? In some cases it does.

I had large white spot of light coming down on the surface of the white pot which means the light could use a new location and light color shade. I didn’t apply Luminance from its palette I haven’t experiment with exr,lrw,bmp,png, files yet but mostly with jpeg,tif,hdr.I prefer the latter because there smaller in kb size the spot of lights you see on the surface was intentional based around another artist’s rendering examples I used from his images .
In the long run I didn’t want to have to many things going on with this file in case it became corrupt or do crash. My objective was for a total different look that hasn’t been brought to the Gallery yet something a little different.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:34:50 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

* August 24, 2011, 02:52:09 PM
I like it a lot WD, from art point of view, it has perfect content, even if you changed the colours it should still look as good. I have just been looking at a program that creates cube and other maps to and from each other, but not as hdr only the common formats. The program is relatively cheap , about € 19.95 (Euros) so it may be worth some of the people on the forum trying out the demo. Not sure what the final output  size can be yet.

Here is the link. evaluation version in the right column on this link page.

http://www.outerspace-software.com/bixorama.html

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:03:44 PM by Michael Geraghty »

* August 24, 2011, 05:02:15 PM
Very interesting site Michael thanks for sharing.If you study Don's site he use Environments in his designs such as Ver.17 Christmas Card,Water Pitcher.I often visit there for inspiration to see how materials, lighting, camera shots are layed out angles of subject matter etc. While ago Brad help me get started environments and understanding with it.I found the beta testers are good resource for help got me of a out jam quite few times.  ;)

W.D.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:05:45 PM by wd »