TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Should I buy
Read 1934 times
* August 18, 2011, 08:19:35 AM
Hi fromOZ.
I have a furniture design / cabinet making business, i have been looking
at FM 10. and would value anyones opinion on this software.
Can you design a parametric cabinet library? and what other features
would help a design/manufacture business. I plan to outsorse my
CNC machining so any information my machinist people could use would
be helpful.    Thanks in advance.  John.

* August 20, 2011, 06:51:13 AM
John:

Yes you can design a parametric cabinet -- that is the whole idea of the package. I was able to do that much.

Unfortunately the description is messed up on the web site so those of us who have used earlier versions (Version 7) do not know if they have corrected past faults.

It has great potential. Is it worth even $200. I don't know. I might spend a $100 -- but beyond that I am not sure.

My problems were mostly with materials and cut list and trying to figger out how to standardize things. Since to me that is the whole point of the package...

Maybe someone who has tried it and speaks English will comment some day.

So far my questions and inquiries to TC and Spinar have gone unanswered. So I may come to presume that the package is on the web site as a "place holder".

WillR
SW:TC 21 Pro Platinum, FM15, 20 Pro Platinum 64 Bit, also V 19.1 64Bit & 32 bit 17.2 and 18.1; Furniture Maker 14 and 10. HW: Vista 64 Ultimate, AMD 1090 (6 core) 8GB memory Plus also an AMD  8 core systemFX

* May 12, 2013, 08:28:37 PM
I think you can but it.If you see some benefit in for you so it's better choice for buying it.