TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Turbocad render and post editing
Read 1770 times
* August 04, 2011, 03:31:56 PM
Here are two examples of A Turbocad render right out of Turbocad, and an edited post Turbocad Render. The render out of Turbocad was specifically rendered a bit darker, so that I could enhance the darker parts afterwards with other software. My question is what kind of lighting and material settings you would use to get somewhere near the post edited version. The main part that I try to achieve is good contrast for my artwork, and although I do post editing on most  of my artwork anyway, apart from specials like the Turbocad competition were I spend a lot of time refining lighting and materials, I am still up in the air with the best methods to use.

Here are the two examples.

The first is direct out of Turbocad, even though darker by design, and the second is more a synthetic HDRI Version.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:44:27 PM by Michael Geraghty »

* August 04, 2011, 03:51:38 PM
Not sure about this yet, as I have never looked into it, but if we can wrap hdr images it may be part of the answer by using hdr image wraps. Just going to have a look and see what file types are allowed.

* August 04, 2011, 03:55:46 PM
Just checked the file formats allowed for wrapped images, and glad to say that LWI HDR and EXR files can be used, so the question is does anybody already use these file types ?.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:58:39 PM by Michael Geraghty »

* August 04, 2011, 05:26:31 PM
maybe this will help the link below will guide the way.Although it gear around ver.10 I used some the techniques to make in my images

http://www.alfredky.com/TCAD/index.php
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:48:09 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* August 04, 2011, 05:35:52 PM
Many thanks for the link, I have been there before, but a long time ago before I contemplated the use of HDR.