TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Floral Arrangement
Read 2023 times
* August 03, 2011, 04:56:27 PM
Something I made for my girlfriend she seems to like it. ;D

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* August 03, 2011, 04:59:43 PM
great model and render! really nice texturing on the water can and vase.

August 03, 2011, 05:13:41 PM
Nice one wd. I love the galvanized watering can.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* August 03, 2011, 06:42:02 PM
What a pretty picture. I love it.

EDIT: The longer I look at it, the better I like it. Composition and colors are just about perfect, IMHO.

May I print it, to frame and hang?

Henry H
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:47:32 PM by Henry Hubich »

August 03, 2011, 06:49:32 PM
W.D.   simple, elegant and beautiful...I love the effects of the glass and the galvanized watering can...did you use an image wrap to get the galvanized effect?

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

August 03, 2011, 07:47:09 PM
Great job on everything W.D.

* August 04, 2011, 06:34:58 AM
Makes a nice change to see this floral work, love the vase, it has a realistic and artistic feel to it. I have not tried the oil painting effect in advanced render to any degree yet, but with some tweeking of the default settings it should work well for this kind of work.

* August 04, 2011, 06:53:42 AM
Thanks guys for the look see :).. It could probably been done faster but took me a little less than month to do because I would spend little time with it maybe 30 to 45 minutes in a drawing session. I didn’t rush it. I did this with no inspiration just drawn as I go step by step. Sort off the cuff. There no other addition software involve in its making i.e. PhotoShop, Paint.Net  all done with TC .I used 2 point lights 1 ambient and 1 headlight. I didn’t go with total Radiosity it just darken it. Raytrace Full seems to render faster and more appealing.

Cadman:
Yup Garry it’s a wrapping and so is the vase they’re only two.

Sure Henry print one hang on your wall. I’m thinking of a Rose design next. But pondering on the pedal design. Kind a in the thought mode at this point. I suspect it will take little more time to plot a good composition. Maybe a trip to the library will put things on track.

Michael: I know in the past your where doing some dimple work. So I thought I give it a try. In the screenshot is one of my rendering with it. No wrapping involved.Just some little delay feed back on it.

W.D.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:57:32 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

* August 07, 2011, 03:23:55 PM
What a lovely picture, the bright flowers,  blue vase and grey can all used to great effect

Very nice

Andy

* August 07, 2011, 05:18:29 PM
I like it, the dimpled effect works well with the glass materials, and I also like the shape of the vase. I think creating glasswork also requires the right proportional thickness to see the object at it's best. I hope that at some time in the future we get a chance to collate a lot of contributions on the forum into similar threads, which would enable people with like interests to find associated articles in one place. In the next few weeks, I am hoping to try out some metal and glass sculptures.

* August 17, 2011, 03:37:02 PM
Thanks Andy and Micheal I appreciate your kind thoughts. :)