TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Brush Patterns
Read 1713 times
* July 26, 2009, 06:24:53 PM
I recently uninstalled 16.01 and reinstalled the 16.1 version. I have some brush patterns that I have used since 11. In the past all I did to install these patterns was to open a drawing that had all of my patterns used. When I then opened the brush style editor and looked in the drop down list and found all of the patterns listed. I then selected one of the patterns and clicked on add to defaults. This has worked in the past but not now. What is necessary to add these patterns now? Do I have to go thru the import process?
Myron TC16 Pro

* July 26, 2009, 09:51:35 PM
I gave it a try here and it worked OK. The added Hatch pattern showed up next to the None pattern.

When you start a drawing, are you staring from a Template or "New from Scratch"? I believe TC will use the Hatch patterns that are in the Template and not the ones added to the INI file. You can copy patterns into your TCT to update it.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* July 27, 2009, 08:54:28 PM
I was not aware that a saved template saved only the brush patterns to date. Does it do the same with the symbols as well. I did have a template I was using. Thanks for the new information. Maybe you can answer another question I was wondering about. The version of 16.01 according to the properties says that it is 466MB, the 16.1 download patch that they want you to replace it with is only 255MB. Why the difference?
  Myron TC16Pro

* July 27, 2009, 10:35:09 PM
The version of 16.01 according to the properties says that it is 466MB, the 16.1 download patch that they want you to replace it with is only 255MB. Why the difference?
  Myron TC16Pro

Compression!!

Inside the installation files is the "Data1.cab" file. Basically, this is just a big Zip file that contains a compressed version of all the files that make up TurboCAD. In the Data1.cab file you have 3,794 files that are 485Mb (uncompressed). Most go to "C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCWP16", while the rest go to "My Documents", "Application Data", etc. When the program is installed, that 255Mb of compressed files will expand to 485Mb of uncompressed files.

I'm not so sure about Symbols anymore, but I believe they are called up from links in the INI file (TCExplorer); see: Template_Table. If you expand "Drawing1" under Drawings (or any drawing) you'll see what is contained in a drawing. There's no listing there for Symbols, like there is for Brush Styles. Once you get everything set up the way you like, it's a good Idea to keep a copy of "TCW16_xml.ini" somewhere outside of the "Built-In" folder. After a reinstall/repair/update and after you've run TurboCAD once, you can replace the bare-bones INI with your saved copy. Your saved copy should have all your Symbol listings, so you won't have to set these up a second time.

Hope this helps.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit