TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

2D Perspective Drawing to 3D
Read 3601 times
July 17, 2009, 05:06:24 PM
Suppose I have a drawing such as those at http://www.4qd.co.uk/prod/bcm.html. Is there a way to get back to the 3D object?. Below the drawings are the dimensions of the three drawings.

Thanks,
Milt

* July 17, 2009, 07:07:49 PM
It is not possible to take a 2D perspective drawing and by some mean, transform it into 3D.
1 - There are faces that are invisible to the viewer (E.G. those square LED's only show a bit of top, face, and a bit of one side)
2 - There is no tool to do so in TurboCAD.

The appropriate creation method would be to create it in 3D then take a angled view to recreate the 3D drawing.
The nice thing about CAD is that once an object is created, transform it as a block then align multiples copies of that object (take the LED's example).

Stephane Faucher

* July 17, 2009, 09:18:37 PM
The drawings aren't really perspectives. Unfortunately they aren't true projections, either. If they were, then it would be possible (with some difficulty) to reconstruct the primitive boxes and cylinders which comprise them. The procedure would be to insert the drawing, establish a Workplane inclined at the proper angles with respect to the plane of the drawing (that's the step which would take a little thought), then  build the primitives simply by tracing over the drawing.

Henry H

* July 17, 2009, 11:34:57 PM
I'll agree with Stephane, create it in 3D and set up some views. You could explode a rendered VP and work with that; hatch pattern, etc. You could also make a screen shot and work on it in something like Paint Shop Pro. I think Don might have a tutorial similar to this.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

July 31, 2009, 09:25:18 PM
Belated thanks to all. I left town soon after posting. Great job on those LEDs!

Thanks again,
Milt