TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Importing Word and PDF files into a TC Drawing
Read 1888 times
* June 25, 2011, 09:58:19 AM
I need help importing a Word Doc and PDF Doc into a TC Drawing.  Can anyone help me to do this?

* June 25, 2011, 10:46:53 AM
I need help importing a Word Doc and PDF Doc into a TC Drawing.  Can anyone help me to do this?

Go to INSERT at the top of the screen, down Object, select Create from File, click on Browse to navigate your way the required file,Select OK and it should import to your TC drawing.

On a side note...... if you're using v18 the locations of various tools have been changed and this may not work.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* June 25, 2011, 11:09:32 AM
If you have your magnifying glass, you can find out more about "Insert / Object" that Don mentions in the on-line Help at Inserting an OLE Object or you can try Inserting an OLE Object on the Wiki site, which is very similar, but the graphics are better. If you're using one of the V18 Pro editions, they have these new PDF Underlay tools that may be useful with your PDF documents; PDF Underlay.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* June 25, 2011, 03:33:45 PM
Re: To Word Document

Another approach. If document is open in Word program choose Select (Ctrl-A), Than (Copy Ctrl-C) next have Tc already open and Paste (Ctrl-V) in Modelspace/Paperspace. Now for your text font size and edit capbilties can be achieve by activating your right mouse click choose Document Object than Edit .And the Dialog will appear scroll with middle mouse button until text is visible and do any adjustments if need be. When finish with your changes Select outside the Dialog takes the tool out of its mode. Also after you might want to do Zoom Extents (Ctrl-Back) for visual clarity.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* June 25, 2011, 04:10:55 PM
Thank all of your for the help.  It took a bit of head scratching but I got it
to work, once I discovered the tiny black square was actually the document.