TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Turbocad 18.1 and HotFix
Read 2961 times
* June 14, 2011, 12:00:04 PM
I noticed on your webpage that the area where you download 18.1 .. also has a Hotfix on it .. and the comments indicates that it applies to v18 .. (no mention of 18.0 or 18.1) .. if you upgrade to 18.1 .. do you need the Hotfix ..

* June 14, 2011, 12:29:56 PM
I would'nt bother with the hot fix since V18.1 is a complete program installation.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* June 15, 2011, 09:37:25 AM
Do you have to romove 18 pro before installing 18.1?
  ...anybody ..thanks

* June 15, 2011, 01:29:42 PM
re: Do you have to remove 18 pro before installing 18.1?

Yes.

The download is a complete copy of the installation files.
Once downloaded, unzip or unpack the files to a folder in a safe place.
Uninstall V18.0.
Run the "Setup.exe" file in the saved download.
Have your serial number ready to enter.
Then install.
Done.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* June 15, 2011, 01:37:39 PM
re: Do you have to remove 18 pro before installing 18.1?

Yes.

The download is a complete copy of the installation files.
Once downloaded, unzip or unpack the files to a folder in a safe place.
Uninstall V18.0.
Run the "Setup.exe" file in the saved download.
Have your serial number ready to enter.
Then install.
Done.

And don't forget to backup  your customized config files first... if you have them.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* June 20, 2011, 08:27:36 PM
Regarding Turbocad 18.1 update.
The advice from John R does not seem to be accurate as when I did what he advised the 18.1 upgrade refused to procede because it said that there was no program installed to upgrade. I therefore conclude that I must now reinstal the original 18 and upgrade it.

However it is a moot point since I am abandoning 18 due to it being unuseable.
Pete

* June 21, 2011, 04:03:24 AM
Regarding TurboCAD 18.1 update.
The advice from John R does not seem to be accurate as when I did what he advised the 18.1 upgrade refused to proceed because it said that there was no program installed to upgrade. I therefore conclude that I must now reinstall the original 18 and upgrade it.

However it is a moot point since I am abandoning 18 due to it being unusable.
Pete

At the time of that I posted my statement, it was true, the download was the Full Program. I just now checked and it is a "Patch" file (51.2MB). For that to work, one needs to have version 18.0 installed to use that. A big problem I find is that the management at IMSI/Design no longer mentions what to do with what has been posted or what it is that has been posted (patch or complete program).

Good luck with a different CAD program, as I'm sure the company behind it will be better run than the way IMSI/Design is.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* June 21, 2011, 04:34:13 AM
Similar situation occur in 17.2 forum member had the same issue. And no follow up on the Update board either.By 18.2 maybe it will all come together. Another case of perpetual motion.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:41:15 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* June 21, 2011, 06:44:27 PM
Thanks John R for your response.
I should have mentioned that I have abandoned 18 for the time being and have returned to 17.2.
Having spent time becoming accustomed to 17.2 I don't need a huge new learning curve in 18.
I would like to take the opportunity of thanking you for your wise words over the time I have been exposed to IMSI. It is people like you and Don Cheke whose support for people like me have made my use of TurboCAD possible.
Again thanks
Pete