TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Archive of old forum?
Read 4275 times
May 13, 2009, 04:22:34 PM
Will there be one. That is too large of a resource to "delete"

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* May 14, 2009, 11:42:02 PM
Will there be one. That is too large of a resource to "delete"

Someone asked that the other day, and it's buried somewhere in this hodgepodge they call a forum, but you'll never find it, so the answer was yes, they will keep the archive of the good forum.

D Fishback

* May 15, 2009, 03:09:42 AM

Someone asked that the other day, and it's buried somewhere in this hodgepodge they call a forum, but you'll never find it, so the answer was yes, they will keep the archive of the good forum.

lol, someone’s not a happy bunny.

P.  ::)

* May 16, 2009, 01:17:57 PM
 :)

The reply that I had here wasn't all that helpful, so I dumped it.

Time to move ahead. Just hoping that a Thread View option will come along eventually, for those who liked it better.

D Fishback

* May 16, 2009, 02:43:55 PM
:)

The reply that I had here wasn't all that helpful, so I dumped it.

Time to move ahead. Just hoping that a Thread View option will come along eventually, for those who liked it better.

No problem Don.  :)

FWIW I too liked the old forum. That said I fear the greatest loss could turn out to be in the form of the few talented posters on the old system who have now stopped.  :(

Regards,

Paul.

May 16, 2009, 02:48:39 PM
"That said I fear the greatest loss could turn out to be in the form of the few talented posters on the old system who have now stopped."

Ya, like Henry, who had said that he didn't think he would make the move. That alone is cause for concern.

May 16, 2009, 02:51:43 PM
The thing I like least about this forum is after one posts you end up somewhere you don't want to be. Navigating this forum style really sucks and I am already growing quite weary of it.

* May 16, 2009, 04:06:40 PM
Ya, like Henry, who had said that he didn't think he would make the move. That alone is cause for concern.

Hi Don,

That's who I had in mind.

He actually said that?    :(

I remember the discussion a couple of years back, he made his opinions clear back then. When the new forum opened I noted all the beta testers had a post count (although posts deleted). I saw Henry had zero, and his name entered without capitals. I thought he might be upset.

If Henry is no longer posting then that is the largest loss of all.

P.

* May 16, 2009, 06:57:42 PM
I haven't seen David M. or Richard B. yet either, but most noticeably, the frequent and reliable Keith R. Maybe some are having trouble getting set up or something.

Since a forum is no better than the members who use it, I hope they can get those few quirks worked out of this program so it doesn't run anyone off.

D Fishback