TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

insetring symbols
Read 1261 times
March 07, 2011, 03:01:01 PM
I need help creating and inserting symbols.

I have created a group and then created a folder in the libary, which I have placed the groups into.
But when I drag them into a new drawing I cannot see them.

I have a lot of common shapes that I need to extrude to differnt lengths and would like to be able to insert a block or symbol to save time.

I hope some one can help
Glenn

* March 07, 2011, 03:10:27 PM
If you group them than that's the source.Select Ctrl-G to do editing and to finish editing Ctrl-Shift-G
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:18:19 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

March 07, 2011, 03:29:52 PM
I think I must have done something wrong.
No matter what I do it dose not seem to work.

Is there anyway that you can use blocks from one drawing in anoughter one?

* March 07, 2011, 04:45:29 PM
Yes.But I like your Symbols method better but I wouldn't group them if possible its easier to manage in my opinion.But if you prefer Blocks look over the image attach, and probably to load them from TC Explorer Palette
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:03:14 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

March 07, 2011, 05:46:26 PM
Thanks WD
All good now.